• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check In:

Calories: were under
    Exercise: 40 minute walk/run on my treadmill; over 12K steps
    Water: not bad but need to do better today

Goals for yesterday

1. Go for a long walk at lunch ❌ - I wimped out because of the cold and snow
    2. Stick to my meal plan ✅
    3. Do a treadmill workout tonight✅
    4. Drink lots of water ❌ not enough

My goals for today

1. Drink lots of water all day long
    2. Eating out at lunch so need to make sure I eat mindfully and minimize calorie potential
  • Kres567
    Options
    Does anyone experience a weight gain or maintenance after a great day that includes a cardio workout? Every time I work out the next day I have a gain. It’s kind of frustrating and makes me not want to work out (even though I will continue).
  • Kres567
    Options
    Wednesday check in:
    Calories: on track
    Water: under
    Exercise: 45 mins kickboxing and 5900 steps

Thursday check in:
    Calories: over, gave into a pizza craving the day before weigh in😭
    Water: on track
    Exercise: 45 mins tabata and 4000 steps
    Tomorrow: do better and hopefully have a good weigh in

Great steps and goal!

Your steps haven’t been entered into the step spreadsheet by the moderator. Have you been posting on the discussion thread for the step challenge?
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Does anyone experience a weight gain or maintenance after a great day that includes a cardio workout? Every time I work out the next day I have a gain. It’s kind of frustrating and makes me not want to work out (even though I will continue).

I would say this is totally normal. Small fluctuations caused by what's in your body, how hydrated you are, and the relative heaviness of new muscle. Measure yourself too, though for NSVs - there's loads of examples of weight trainers on here who have dropped a dress size after gaining a couple of pounds.

• sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options

This is normal. Here is a good article...
    https://www.shape.com/weight-loss/tips-plans/help-why-does-my-workout-cause-weight-gain

I am feeling a lot better after being on antibiotics for a few of days. Thanks for asking. I still have one more test today but hopeful all will be well there as well. Should know in a week or two.
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in:
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 11278 steps. Now up to 153 active minutes! 87 to fit in by Sunday night!
  • Kres567
    Options

This is normal. Here is a good article...
    https://www.shape.com/weight-loss/tips-plans/help-why-does-my-workout-cause-weight-gain

I am feeling a lot better after being on antibiotics for a few of days. Thanks for asking. I still have one more test today but hopeful all will be well there as well. Should know in a week or two.

Thanks for sharing the article - totally helps!
  • dee_toronto
    dee_toronto Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Username: dee_toronto
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 172?
    Todays Weight: 175?

My scale is definitely wonky, I got a different number between 174 and 177 every time I weighed myself. Unfortunately that means my giant weight loss last week was probably not accurate 😭. But I'm not sure since I ate pretty badly yesterday and like @Kres567 mentioned, I also had a cardio day yesterday and have noticed that I often weigh more after that. I'm going to read that article that @sunshineplace mentioned and try doing strength training before my next weigh in to see if that helps.
  • dee_toronto
    dee_toronto Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @Kres567 whoops! Didn't post anything in the steps challenge board, will do asap!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,816 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in:
    Calories: over did not track daughters birthday
    Exercise: 13340 steps
    lots of walking today. Have to shovel snow this morning about 2 inches. Then off to doctors for test results. then get a workout in Hope everyone has a great day
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Username: deconstructeddancer
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Previous Weight: 291.2
    Todays Weight: 289.2

Great weigh-in! Congratulations!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Thursday day check in

Calories-on track
    Water-on track
    Exercise-45 power class

Went to physical therapist for my foot. Good news, it is not PF, just strained muscle due to tight hip flexors, tight calves and hamstrings. She massaged and taped the area. I go back next week, but I am released to run this weekend

That is wonderful news! So glad you are taking good care of yourself!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Username: wbutterchip
    Week 3
    PW 273.8
    CW 273.0

Congratulations on the loss! Great work!
  • pjmfitforme
    pjmfitforme Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thursday day check in

Calories-on track
    Water-on track
    Exercise-45 power class

Went to physical therapist for my foot. Good news, it is not PF, just strained muscle due to tight hip flexors, tight calves and hamstrings. She massaged and taped the area. I go back next week, but I am released to run this weekend

How did your therapist diagnose it? My foot was feeling good and as soon as I got on my treadmill last night to do a walk/run workout it started to hurt again. My pain is along the outside of my foot, not really my heel.

Just by having me move in different t ways and then massages my muscles and told me it was from tight muscles and not PF
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh in Week: 3
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 273
    Current Weight: 273
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Username: DaveJ_43
    Weigh in Week: 3
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Current Weight: 206.4

Struggling a bit to survive the government shutdown - praying it doesn't last much longer.

Hope you guys are killing it!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

Your weight will fluctuate from day to day based on a number of different factors. It's perfectly normal.
    Personally I tend to be up the day after a heavy lifting session. And I'm generally up for several days following a half marathon or triathlon.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    username ka97
    weigh in week 3
    weigh in day Friday
    current weight 155.8

Not surprising given the week I've had. I thought I would actually be up a bit more.
This discussion has been closed.