What does your friend list mean for you?

Options
itzcath
itzcath Posts: 94 Member
The new year for me is having friends supportive to common goals.

I have always let go of those clearly collecting numbers or those I have zero in common with: ie weightlifting dudes.

What does your friend list mean for you?

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid that I am a poor friend. I rarely log or check my feed. I will accept friends if they are Keto, but I'm afraid I fail at online support.

I have a few people around MFP that I always enjoy "talking to" but it isn't done on the friend feed.

Others around here are much better for support. They're a good bunch. :)
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    For me it is seeing all the victories in the goal to be healthier from the folks both on my friend list and on the message board.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm an awful friend on here. I rely more on the forums.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hah - I had to go leave a flyby message for nvmomketo since she said that and we are friends! Hehe

I’ve found a really great group of friends here. My feed is always a party with them. If we were at a bar - it would be Cheers. 🥳
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    :blush: 😘. <3
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I generally ignore the automated posts and I have all mine turned off - I wish I had the option to remove them from my feed because they just clog it up with junk data. I am of the opinion that if you can't key in your own post then I'm not required to interact with the computer generated ones, and I have had people unfriend me and tell me it was because I never supported them when these same people never had anything other than automated posts. I guess some people consider computer generated stuff to be "real stuff" but I don't and if you want friends to like or comment on your computer generated items then you don't want me for a friend. I love to see actual real posts from people about their journey and I always try to like or comment on those. I enjoy getting to know people from their posts. It's encouraging to see the challenges that others overcome. It's fun to be allowed to share in their celebrations. It's rewarding to reach out and offer support or ideas when new challenges are encountered. Life is a journey not a destination, and I'm definitely focused on enjoying the ride.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    krystonite wrote: »
    I'm an awful friend on here. I rely more on the forums.

Same. I haven't added a single person to my friends list. I'm really just a forum lurker and occasional poster.

I'm not opposed to having MFP friends and if anyone wants to add me they're more than welcome but I am an extremely private person in general and only pop on here for a few minutes at a time.