Year end body scan data

qweck3
qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
Timed my December Fit3D scan for the final day of the year for a good ending point to 2018 and starting spot for 2019.

I started this journey at 286 pounds with a 5.7 A1C on 5 different pills and ended the year at 231 pounds with a 5.1 A1C and no pills at all. Protein focused Keto and Yoga did it for me and I am grateful for finding this WOE.

My November scan showed I had hit a wall and didn't lose any fat weight at all so I changed things up in December by adding in some fat burning pace cardio a few days a week (Jogging/Elliptical/Rowing machine) to go along with the Hot Yoga I do and the body reacted well as the fat started coming off again while lean mass grew just slightly (good thing).

I'm so close to 229 pounds that I must see that number at least for 1 day lol but my goal is to build muscle this upcoming year while maintaining at 235 pounds.

I post these as a reminder that the home scale lies and is a dangerous tool to trust in weight loss. If you gain 3 pounds of good lean mass but lost 3 pounds of fat you are a lot healthier than you were but the home scale will tell you nothing changed. I suggest that you use tight clothing as a guide if you don't have access to an advanced scanner.

Thanks to everyone on this board in 2018. Best wishes to everyone on a healthy and successful 2019! You got this.

bzt9xcv2ce85.png

Replies

• zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Thank you for sharing the journey with us & tips for watching out on dangers of the scale. Good perspective on plateaus (for when that is truly why)
    Good luck in 2019!