Gratitude and Chatting, Jan. 2019

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
Happy New Year everyone.

I am grateful that I am sitting within my goal range again this new year. I seem to have found my way of eating that works for me. Usually I have started to regain already, and am fighting to get back to goal. Such a relief to not have to do that anymore.

I hope all of you have had a successful feasting season. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Replies

• CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP, I'm BACK.

Last March when we got that notification about the MFP data breach, I changed my password and despite repeated attempt to re-set it, and emails to the "help" center, I could not access the site.
    Once a week I'd try again, but ultimately I gave up.

I signed up on another food tracking site which was...frustrating to use.

Finally, I sent MFP another enraged email and this time (although the system isn't exactly intuitive or user-friendly to navigate) they signed me up on Under Armour (note to self: get ready for SPAM emails) and I cautiously explored the links, expecting to be sent down a black hole but somehow found my way back.
    (Don't ask me how; I'm telling you, it is one of the worst sites I've ever been on.)

Anyway

Here I am.

Mmm.. I'm still at it and even with a more relaxed attitude my blood sugar is good and last time I went to the doc I'd lost a couple of pounds. (That's like a pebble falling off Mount Everest but, hey..)

Onward, and onward.

Happy New Year. :)o:)

ea64f7sz9qnl.jpg

• retirehappy
    Options
    Welcome back. I see you are still taking wonderful photos.

Glad to hear you numbers are better.

It sounds like the help center agents were the real problem. They should easily be able to reset a password for you.
    When you get unwanted emails from Under Armour, just mark them as spam.

How do you remove a mountain? One rock at a time.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Initially when I reported the problem to MFP I got an email allegedly from the service center asking for my IP address, what devices I use on the site, my passwords and..I was like hell no, do your job, I'm not going to give you the tools to hack me.

For months, every time I sent a password reset request I got an email with a link back to the site and.. well it just didn't work.

Sometimes you have to throw a rock through the window to get somebody's attention, y'know. :D;)

Actually comparing my numbers here I realized since I was last here, I actually lost 7 lbs. So part of the secret (for me) seems to be not stressing about it. ha.

Here's a pic from December:

qogjjfw06x2t.jpg

• wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Beautiful CrisEBTrue, I love your photos !! and welcome back. January is always a "jolt start" month for me, I intend to try and stick with my intermittent fasting, no food between 8 pm and 9 am. Sometimes I sleep in, so it may be a bit later.
    My plan is to eat very low carb and increase the protein , vegetables and fruit. My daughter tells me MOM ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS EAT LESS ,MOVE MORE AND BREATHE if only it was that easy !!
  • wandakc
    Options
    Very grateful that I was able to stick to my meal plans today. I have been slipping and it shows on the scale, I'm not losing. One day at a time !! :):):)

• retirehappy
    Options
    I have a vegan friend who has done terrifically well with her weight loss. She has slipped up a couple of time, but turned out her genes report showed she NEEDS LOTS OF B12, so she now gets the shots and occasionally has some fish.
  • retirehappy
    Options
  • wandakc
    Options
    Thanks so much Joell, that is quite a eye opening article. I'm going to check out her YouTube site as well :)
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Amy's whole blog is really good. She does podcasts with lots of folks too and she is low carb, healthy fats oriented. I listen to Keto Woman podcasts, she has been a guest a couple of times. She keeps it real. If you are over weight, you don't need that much extra fat, just healthy ones.
  • wandakc
    Options
    I'm going to listen to Podcast's I have not as of yet but I'm hearing more and more how inspirational and motivating they can be !!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I really enjoy them. Often walking and listening, but I also just play them while doing other stuff on the PC or while doing household chores. They are a good break from the 'puter screen for me.

I'll put together some good ones and post them in announcements area. Give me a day or so to get that up.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I'm posting the new monthly chatting thread so I don't forget to do it tomorrow.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10723951/feb-2019-gratitude-and-chatting/p1?new=1
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Very late on this thread, but my gratitude began on January 28th. I woke up to the realization that I was finally beginning the journey to where I am today, with my first hip replacement and the recovery and rehab to follow.