Planners and organization

Options
puffbrat
puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
This a thread to post pictures, ideas and progress on using planners and other forms of organization.

Replies

• puffbrat
    Options
    Here are the pictures of how I have started my planner for the year. I clearly still need to fill out more of the front material. I’m still building the cleaning section. There are some other habits I also want to track but haven’t decided yet what those pages will look like.
    52avtn31196f.jpeg
    z25m6kin4gp5.jpeg
    9h9e30o44vbw.jpeg
    7zqciq780xu6.jpeg
    6m7v805n9l4u.jpeg

Pictures from my fitness journal
    p6yanpwog82v.jpeg
    02jnl731oppw.jpeg
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Here are the pictures of our budget for the first quarter of this year. I blacked out our incomes but left the rest.
    ptk7xki9ksxj.jpeg
    gjkad8fh86n3.png
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm squealing like a kid in a candy store right now! haha Thank you so much for sharing! This is giving me motivation to get mine set up so I can share! I had given up trying to find a way to set up a cleaning schedule that seemed efficient for what I want to achieve and I love the way you started setting up yours! I also really liked the my year mood set up. I may have to implement them both in mine. Also, I really enjoyed looking at how you set up the budget.

Some planner blogs I frequent: They all have a good selection of free printables. Scattered squirrel tends to focus on different layouts/inserts and organization where as the other two focus more on stickers/weekly or monthly kits/handwriting practice/etc.

Lovely Planner
    Pink Pixel Graphics
    Scattered Squirrel

• puffbrat
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit hahaha! I know what you mean and I'm glad someone else is excited too! I finished my cleaning schedule and need to share the pictures. It's 2 full pages and I added stickers. I also added a couple of sayings to the mood tracker.

I will look at those blogs you posted. I am still looking for ideas for a few more habit trackers. The other things I want to track are:
    • how often I spend money frivolously (not amount since that goes in the budget)
    • actually entering spending in the budget in a timely manner
    • soda consumption since I'm getting bad about drinking it daily
    • books I have read this year
    • a couple other things I have forgotten but have written down at home

I have seen some really cute ideas for the books, but I'm not confident in my ability to draw books, and I also don't know if that would leave enough room for the actual list. I think I read over 30 books last year.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Here is my finished cleaning schedule. I clearly had problems with the bi-annually section 🤦‍♀️
    tixe9z1mnmh8.jpeg

My self-care bingo
    e8savfa8dxa9.jpeg
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My sister showed me this one:

Plan With Me
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=BNZuF6mw5uU

I'm not a journal person, though i love how they look and wish i was! I love watching these videos. I'll need to upload my sad version hahah.

However since this thread is about organizing too... I've been watching Tidying Up on Netflix (Spark Joy with Marie Kondo) and I'm about to use her method to go through my clothes!!! I may post pictures!!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @puffbrat I just need to clean my desk (and apartment) then I might actually be able to focus on getting my planners set up. haha I love the cleaning schedule and self care bingo!

Some habit trackers:

Teal Notes Habit Tracker Printable This one you can download without having to sign up for a newsletter or anything. (I've never had any issues with spam to my email with any sites I've signed up with.) A lot of times the blogs do require you to sign up (name, email) for their newsletter in order to access the free printables. You should also be able to resize this so it'll fit your planner.

If you're okay with signing up for before getting access to the printables, there is also this one.
    Mom Envy Habit Tracker There is a monthly and yearly version along with ideas to track. There is also a sizing chart near the bottom if you need it.

The Lovely Planner (linked yesterday) also has these habit tracker stickers. Lovely Planner Habit Tracker Stickers

Book trackers/logs:

If you're wanting to list them (and/or rate them) maybe something like this: Book Lists by LimeLife planners (Direct download link.)
    Site: Limelife Planners Free Printables

and you may be able to also use this somehow to have a mix and match of books and list?:
    Starts At Eight Reading Logs

and lastly, you might like this. I wasn't a huge fan of it but it might be close to what you are looking for or will at least give you some inspiration or better idea of what you want.
    Clumsy Crafter Reading Tracker

You might be able to combine them somehow to get what you want without having to draw.

@VeryKatie Holy crap, that girl put a lot of work into her journal! I don't know if I'd have the patience (or drawing ability) to do that. I tend to gravitate towards printables/stickers. haha I like the idea of planning and organizing but most often I fail at implementing it.

Please share pictures!!! I actually started watching Tidying Up yesterday after you had mentioned it in another thread. The first episode I found the couple a little hard to watch but by the second episode I was hooked and may have subsequently watched another...3 episodes. haha so I should be finishing up the season in the next day or two. I may have also put her books on hold at the library. =P
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Thanks Kayla! Those were really helpful! I think I will attempt a combination of a couple of those for the reading log. It seems like all of the habit trackers generally look the same, so I just need to suck it up and make room for a full 12 months worth.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @puffbrat You're welcome! =)

I have two other suggestions for habit tracking that won't really work for logging books and won't really go in your planner but that you (or someone else) may find helpful. haha if not it may give you more of an idea of what you want (or don't want).

The incentive chart (well the official name of it but it's really just a large habit tracker haha) may make it easier to see and keep track of what you're working on. I got this one Owls Incentive Chart at Michael's They have other designs if owls aren't your thing and it can be laminated or put into a cheap picture frame to be reusable and then lastly there is just an actual journal dedicated to habit tracking Recollections Habit Tracker at Michael's
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Ran across a new site the other day. Little Coffee Fox
    Some of the freebies include charts and progress bars, habit trackers, monthly headers, lettering worksheets, supplies list and video tutorials. You do have to sign up (first name, email) in order to get access to the freebie fox den.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Ran across a new site the other day. Little Coffee Fox
    Some of the freebies include charts and progress bars, habit trackers, monthly headers, lettering worksheets, supplies list and video tutorials. You do have to sign up (first name, email) in order to get access to the freebie fox den.

Oooh! I like this one!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat I'm glad! =) Would you mind if edited your post to start making a list of sites for us?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I also found this site recently. Cute Daisy It looks like they have a good selection of free planner stickers both decorative and functional and even a section with washi tape. They also have labels and scrapbook paper. It doesn't appear as if you have to sign up. Just click on the link in the bottom of the post and it'll take you to the page to download.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I still haven't set up my other planners but that didn't stop me from buying a Carpe Diem fitness planner pack that was on sale for $7. I may have a problem. haha.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    I still haven't set up my other planners but that didn't stop me from buying a Carpe Diem fitness planner pack that was on sale for $7. I may have a problem. haha.

I know that feeling so well. I just bought a pack of markers for the planners I haven't really used in over a month.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @puffbrat I was able to refrain from buying decorative tape at the dollar store today so there has been some progress but I also just bought a planner charm so maybe not. haha!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Found this in my bookmarks today: Planner Addiciton and they have some pretty cute pregnancy stickers here.

I'll be browsing more through my bookmarks so will probably be sharing some more sites as I do.

Also, just a heads up: Pink Pixel Graphics is closing in a few days (June 30th) so the blog and all the stickers from there will no longer be accessible so might want to grab anything you want before then. (Sorry for the short notice. It's been a whirlwind of a few months.)
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Found this in my bookmarks today: Planner Addiciton and they have some pretty cute pregnancy stickers here.

I'll be browsing more through my bookmarks so will probably be sharing some more sites as I do.

Also, just a heads up: Pink Pixel Graphics is closing in a few days (June 30th) so the blog and all the stickers from there will no longer be accessible so might want to grab anything you want before then. (Sorry for the short notice. It's been a whirlwind of a few months.)

Those are fantastic! I have been really bad about using my planners the last couple months, which is unfortunate because they were actually really valuable for me. Something else I need to get back to using/doing regularly :#
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat Same here! I keep buying stickers and stuff for it though. haha.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @puffbrat Same here! I keep buying stickers and stuff for it though. haha.

Because stickers are fantastic and so much fun! I keep buying markers/pens for mine :D