Keto mousse - like proper mousse

Anyone know how to make a keto dessert type mousse (happy for it to be sugar free) that has that consistent bubble texture. Whipped cream gives a more liquid texture / and it’s the uniform sized bubbles that are firm type mousse... any ideas?

When I went on holiday in France they had a Greek yogurt mousse (no sugar) and I loved it. Nothing exists here that isn’t flavoured so looking to make my own.

Thank you!!

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    edited January 2019
    Many apologies that this question didn’t get a reply! I used to whip heavy whipping cream with a whisk. Make sure you have an ice cold bowl then beat with whisk until peaks form. I recommend you start with small amounts (one cup) as they will whip up quicker. Flavor as desired. Wa la! Mousse! Is calorie dense with the hwc, but is filling too, imo. Sort of like a fat bomb.
  • Ooo yum thank you
  • ania1307
    ania1307 Posts: 1 Member
    You can add a bit of cream cheese to the whip cream. that might give you the texture you are looking for.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Use unflavored gelatin, bloom it, maybe add it to a sugar free custard but u don't have to. Before it sets, fold in whipped cream. Refrigerate until set. It'll be firm yet bubbly. If you DO want flavors, sugar free jello (chilled but not set) can be folded into whipped cream and will set like a mousse
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Just sub the sugar with xylitol or erythritol.
    It's delicious.
    voynt4fv669q.jpg
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    r46eqkc7ad7g.jpg
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    I would just make a keto cheesecake filling, so simple, cream cheese, cream and stevia if you want, I also add sugar free raspberry jelly.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I've heard protein fluff can be quite the treat. The blending/whipping is pretty labour intensive though.
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    I whip mascarpone cheese with cocoa and Erythritol sometimes fold in some whipped heavy cream. Also makes an awesome filler for chocolate cloud bread whoopie pie sandwiches.
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    @lalabank that sounds _awesome_