Is nausea part of Keto flu?

Lucy17128
Lucy17128 Posts: 53 Member
Feeling nauseous today, about a week and a half in. Very low carb day. I don’t recall reading that this was part of the Keto flu

Replies

• Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,576 Member
    Lucy17128 wrote: »
    Feeling nauseous today, about a week and a half in. Very low carb day. I don’t recall reading that this was part of the Keto flu

Nausea, constipation, headaches, fatigue, and sugar cravings are common in some people who are adapting to a high-fat, low-carb diet. Drink more Water stay hydrated. Make sure of proper intake of fat and Carb. Stay Strong!!

• zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    to add to what @Iamsimpleguy said, get lots of salt/sodium. it may help with the sugar cravings as well as mitigating the overall keto flu symptoms
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Yes to the sodium especially. It will help you hold onto water better too.

Most need at least 3000 to 5000 mg of sodium a day. 1 tsp salt = 2300 mg sodium.

To get my sodium I salt everything , even coffee and water, and I eat a 1/4-1/2 tsp of salt with water once or twice a day.
  • knorris84
    knorris84 Posts: 141 Member
    I have been taking a 32oz Powerade zero and mixing in 1/4-1/2 tsp and sipping on every day and it's made a huge difference. I also love snacking on green olives and that has a lot of sodium too. Hang in there. It does get better.
  • knorris84
    knorris84 Posts: 141 Member
    Tsp salt*