Bulletproof...stuff

kabamalam
kabamalam Posts: 22 Member
Hi all,

In the mornings I have time to grab a pre boiled egg and run out the door. Or maybe a bit of leftovers. Ideally I would like something that would set me up for the day, that requires minimal effort. I have a little portable blender and am not afraid to use it!

I have heard of bulletproof coffee, but am not a coffee fan, I only really like sweet latte's so perhaps this coffee would not be for me. Does anyone have options of other bulletproof style things for mornings on the go?

Also, just want to eat other things than EGGS for breakfast. Eggs for days.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    It provides a load of calories without nutrition. You’re much better off with real food that provides nutrients.
  • Wifett3
    Wifett3 Posts: 24 Member
    I’m the same! Never a coffee drinker, took it up when I started keto, cut it back last month after a scolding from my dentist. Now, I mainly do tea for breakfast.

I’m so over eggs for breakfast too and just do bigger meals for lunch and dinner. Lox and cream cheese with TJ Everything but the bagel seasoning is my fave non egg breakfast when I’m in the mood.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I agree that food is often a better use of calories. How about dinner leftovers?

I drink coffee with cream and protein powder in the am, but I love coffee. Perhaps a protein shake if you want drinks? Or a chai tea with cream?
  • wsusan162
    wsusan162 Posts: 58 Member
    Before I gave up and went to IF (no breakfast) I made Bulletproof Tea. Earl gray tea, 1Tbsp heavy cream, 1Tbsp MCT oil, 1 Tbsp Kerrygold butter,splash of vanilla flavor, 1 tsp. swerve. Brew tea, throw everything in magic bullet. Never have liked coffee.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Chicken broth with a tablespoon of butter whipped into it is tasty and fits the bulletproof way.

If you can't step outside the box of "standard breakfast food", pre-cook some bacon, sausage or ham for grab and go food.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    There are a lot of recipes for chia based hot breakfast cereals, or granola, or more nut based cold cereals...you should be able to make and portion them in advance and then just grab & go, I would think...I don't eat breakfast myself...

https://myketokitchen.com/keto-recipes/low-carb-cinnamon-keto-cereal/

https://gnom-gnom.com/grain-free-keto-cinnamon-toast-crunch/

https://wholesomeyum.com/easy-low-carb-keto-oatmeal-recipe/
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    I do bulletproof bone broth (heavy cream, salted butter), or bulletproof tea (heavy whipping cream, unsalted butter, SF syrup) in the mornings. I typically don't actually eat anything until noon during the week.

On the weekends, though...!

Why not make a few lettuce wraps (roll up a slice of deli meat and a slice of cheese in a lettuce leaf, and drizzle with good mustard), some avocado pudding (whiz avocado with a little HWC, and some cacao powder and stevia to taste), or snack boxes (my fave: HB eggs, crispy pepperoni, cheddar cubes, almonds, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, and a couple of blackberries). A little meal prep can go a long way to breaking up boredom and busy mornings!