Good morning all.

Here we are rocking through January! :o

Hope everybody is off to a great week.

See you all soon. :)

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Today feels like a fresh start day. The sun is out, I am full of energy, I am going to get things done! Wish me luck with my interview thing tomorrow. I am kind of nervous.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    First fast day in a while. Won't be as low as normal due to lunch out with a friend to celebrate my new job. Want to hit the gym after work. There is a group at work that is doing a friendly weightloss challenge. Doesn't seem highly competitive so I joined. :o Glad to be moving in the right direction.

@Meghan509- Glad to see you managing your pain. I would think the worse thing that could happen with arthritis is to stop moving because of the pain. You go girl!

@KateNkognito - You are a hard worker. You will be an asset anywhere. Definitely wishing you luck AND wisdom.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Kate you got this... I agree with jknight above!!!!

Glad you’re back jknight and glad you’re settling in great with your new job! Congrats!!

Meghan hope you have an awesome painfree week!!! :*

I’ve had two very low days yesterday & today but that’s because I don’t have an appetite... the tickle in my throat is still here and I know quite a few people suffering... I’m off alcohol cause that wasn't helping, I can’t taste much , so I’m pretty much using this to my advantage... oranges and soup on the menu 3 days in a row!! although today I included a cesear salad. I’ll try more to have successful fasting and not to just poor eating!

Have a great week everyone!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon gang!

Crazy week this week. They are getting their money's worth for me. LOL

Thanks for your nice words! I am looking forward to receiving my new NSAID in the mail this week. Should be a little stronger than the regular Advil, Aleeve, Tylenol but nothing crazy. I wasn't able to get to the gym last night. Just too crazy at work and staying late, etc. Planning on getting back soon.

In the meantime, my eating has been clean.

Hope the interview went well @KateNkognito woo hoo way to go! Keep us posted.

Good luck with the weight loss challenge @jknight001 you totally got this! Glad the new job is going well!

@mamainthekitchen feel better! Seems like a lot of people have been out sick lately. Flu has been hitting around here too, which is scary!

Off to have my sandwich and move on with the rest of the day. Hope everybody is having a good one! Here is to a great 2019!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hello all!

Hope your week is off to a great start. Mid-week already. Woo hoo!

Speak to you all soon. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning. Happy Thursday.
    How is your week going?
  • jknight001
    Options
    Week is going ok. Still struggling with time issues. Haven't been to the gym since Monday. But I did climb the stairs up to the 9th floor today to get to my desk. Felt accomplished. Joined the weightloss challenge at work. The fitness Slack channel is awesome. Lots of supportive people. Some are into IF and Keto. Little by slowly hoping to get back into the swing of things.

Wondering how @KateNkognito interview went???

Hope @mamainthekitchen is feeling better.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    My interview thing went well! I got to talk to some people and found out that I know more of the principals than I thought. Also, I found out how to keep my name at the top of the pile of applications. :) I am also going to put in some more applications to a few other schools this weekend. It has been such a crazy first week back! You would think these children had never even seen the inside of a school building! LOL

@Meghan509 I hope the new medicine works!

@mamainthekitchen I hope you feel better!

@jknight001 I am glad the challenge at work is helping you!

I am struggling to stay up until 8 tonight. That is an acceptable bedtime, right? SO glad tomorrow is FRIDAY!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Thanks, yes I have to say Meloxicam is the bomb.com! :o Started taking it Wednesday night and have been told to take it each day for two weeks. Then see how I feel and then proceed taking it as needed. I was worried when she gave it to me because she was like "if you can tolerate it". UGH. So far so good. Hoping to catch up with my dr. today to see if she has any other follow up and answers for me. Stupid arthritis. :(

Been waking up feeling less stiff and less pain in my back since taking the meds. My hip is feeling so so, I do feel it there but all in all feeling better. Had a nice session last night with my Physical Therapy Doc. For anything dealing with any type of pain, I highly suggest a PT Dr. Wow.

Been eating well but haven't been able to make it to the gym. Oh well. Not going to beat myself up over it. Will get back there soon.

Busy here so going to run for now. Speak to you all soon. :)
  • jknight001
    Options
    That is so fantastic @KateNkognito! So glad you are feeling great about the future. B) There is always room for one more good teacher. Hope your kids let you sleep in tomorrow. ;)

@Meghan509 - Thankful the meds are working for you and really thankful you are not beating yourself up over the gym. We have known each other for a couple of years now and I know you are a hard worker when it comes to your health. First things first when it comes to the pain. The gym will always be there and I am confident you will be back when you are ready.

We are in our busy season. All baseball all the time. Forgive me if I already mentioned this. So busy don't even know what I said to whom. We have a travel ball tournament in Las Vegas next weekend and Little League is starting up. Kids certainly don't give parents time to develop cobwebs! :D Job is going very well. The best part is that everyone is very respectful of each other here. Makes is a nice place to work. And I love what I do. God is good, I am thankful. Still trying to get back on track with exercise and diet. One step at a time.

Hope you all have a great weekend.