Pics of ingredients and meals🤤

Options
Longshore
Longshore Posts: 221 Member
edited January 2019 in Social Groups
What do some of your meals look like? Let’s see some of your ingredients you use? Maybe we can help each other pick better choices.

Replies

• SueAnnae
    SueAnnae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do the two meals you posted above have enough ration of fat from just the meats?
    Is it necessary to meet the fat % per meal or is it okay to just meet the ratio for the day?
  • Longshore
    Options
    @sueannae While it does matter the number of calories you eat, we rarely need to look at this. Why? Because the amount of satiety brought to us from what we eat will naturally restrict the amount of calories we are eating.

Does this mean you can eat however much you want and never gain weight on a ketogenic diet? Of course not. If you are overeating with calories, you are going to put weight on, simple as that.

Just find your daily calorie requirements and do 70%-20%-5%. Make sure you always hit or exceed protien. Hit or go below on carbs and fill in rest with healthy fats tell full.

It’s easier to control calories on a keto diet because fat and high-fat meals are more satiating. Fat-rich meals don’t raise blood sugars (and insulin), so they keep you full for longer. On a high-carb diet you often feel hungry one or two hours after a meal. On a keto diet you can go without meals for many hours.

Just by end of day make sure you got your protien in. Fats have a ceiling but you dont need to hit that number if your full.
  • Longshore
    edited January 2019
    Options
    the meals up top are just some of my go to meals. I like to see what other people eat as well to give me some ideas
  • joleenstamour8651
    Options
    0izfyq1ugl79.jpeg
    I was so proud of this one I took a pic, now I finally have someone to show it to.

Collard greens and mushrooms with a little bacon and a sauce of heavy cream, bone broth, water, and a bunch a my favorite spices. I had a couple (unbreaded) air-fried wings with it. So yummy!! 😋
  • Longshore
    Options
    I will have to give this a try