UK Carb Counting

RAFLowCarb
RAFLowCarb Posts: 30 Member
I try to scan the barcodes of what I’m eating so it’s accurate from the database and being in the UK I’m assuming that the carb count that I get from MFP is already net as our labels already subtract fibre... is this the case? If anyone wanted to check could they compare my food diary with theirs if they are in the US? I have eaten broccoli, cabbage, salads etc this week. Hello to everyone btw... first time posting on this group. I’m 38 M and have been LCHF (sometimes Keto) for around 7 months. ;)

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Foods in the MFP database will sometimes be net carbs and sometimes not be net carbs. Most people put "net carbs" in the food name if it is a net carb entry, so if that is what you want then add "net carbs" to your search when you look for a food to add to your diary.
  • RAFLowCarb
    Foods in the MFP database will sometimes be net carbs and sometimes not be net carbs. Most people put "net carbs" in the food name if it is a net carb entry, so if that is what you want then add "net carbs" to your search when you look for a food to add to your diary.
    Interesting - may try that - ideally 20-25g total carbs would be good but I’m more likely at net figures!
  • RAFLowCarb
    Just did a little bit of what was suggested above - it seems UK supermarket (well Aldi, where I shop at least) is net carbs for the veg already.