Weigh In - Week 1 Jan 14

Options
2»

Replies

• gridirongrrl
    gridirongrrl Posts: 69 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @arameni I feel you on the period bloat! I weigh daily (I know to expect fluctuations, but it keeps me accountable with my calories) and was 7 lbs heavier on Wednesday than I was on my weigh in day. SEVEN. it’s like the whole week was erased! 6 of those pounds were gone again this morning though and I am hoping to see that number keep sliding down the rest of the week. Sometimes it is no fun being a woman!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    arameni wrote: »
    Challenge Start Weight: 130
    Challenge Goal: 125

Week 1: 132.2

A positive thought for the week: Lol I have none. Just tired and behind in work. Idk why it's so hard to just do paperwork! :s

Healthy snack or meal: Homemade vegetable pot-pie (no meat, lots of vegetables! But also lots of butter?!) And vegetable curry. And oatmeal, but it did not keep me full... my lunch is at 1pm, I was hungry by 11am both days.
    Best workout this week: Walking dog! Thought about lifting weights, did not.

Comments: I weighed on Tuesday morning because I forgot to do it before breakfast on Monday. I'm upset I gained weight. But also my period happened and was like 6 days late (I had basically 2 weeks of PMS, omfg fml) and then only 2 days long, so I know I'm all messed up in some regard in terms of my body. I'm hoping these extra pounds are bloating or whatever and go away in a few more days. I know it's only the beginning of our challenge, but it seems like I'm always gaining at the beginning of them. :/

Has anyone joined a workplace weightloss challenge before? Some folks at my work are organizing one, and idk if joining them will be helpful or weird.

1. Paperwork is hard because half of it is stupid and unnecessary. It’s “busy” work. Drink your favorite beverage and listen to some music while you pound away. (You should see the reports we have to do at the end of the semester. GRUESOME....and POINTLESS. My coffee gets me through them.)
    2. I’m laughing so hard at “omfg fml”..... I was like what does all that mean....then I figured it out. I feel you. My body has been weird lately. I think because I’m now in my late 30s....HELLLPPPP!
    3. So NOBODY on any job I’ve ever had cared about what they eat or what they look like. As long as they had a butt they didn’t care about their gut. And the men are just arrogant for no reason. I wish it wasn’t that way. I encourage you to join/participate in whatever is going on.

Stay positive!...it’s nearly the weekend. **HUGS**
  • bettina8037
    bettina8037 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Got confused and forgot to post here on monday, whoops!

Challenge Goal: 120ish

Week 1: 128

A positive thought for the week: read this on a blog and loved it: Your happy weight is when you realize your body is a gift to enable you to enjoy the beautiful things in life
    That's important for me to remember because I don't want my pursuit of a specific body to get in the way of my day to day happiness and enjoyment of my life!
    Healthy snack or meal: I do tons of veggie stews with plain greek yogurt on top. I tried some fun recipes for alternative pancakes, one with greek yogurt, banana, and oats, and one with cottage cheese, egg white, and oats and that was fun!
    Best workout this week: I'm still loving my weights that I strength train with 6 days a week.

Comments: it was a weird week with scale because last week I got down to 127 and then my numbers went back up to 129s and now I'm at 128. Hoping to see 127 again tomorrow, haha!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    arameni wrote: »
    Challenge Goal: 125

Week 1: 132.2

A positive thought for the week: Lol I have none. Just tired and behind in work. Idk why it's so hard to just do paperwork! :s

Healthy snack or meal: Homemade vegetable pot-pie (no meat, lots of vegetables! But also lots of butter?!) And vegetable curry. And oatmeal, but it did not keep me full... my lunch is at 1pm, I was hungry by 11am both days.
    Best workout this week: Walking dog! Thought about lifting weights, did not.

Comments: I weighed on Tuesday morning because I forgot to do it before breakfast on Monday. I'm upset I gained weight. But also my period happened and was like 6 days late (I had basically 2 weeks of PMS, omfg fml) and then only 2 days long, so I know I'm all messed up in some regard in terms of my body. I'm hoping these extra pounds are bloating or whatever and go away in a few more days. I know it's only the beginning of our challenge, but it seems like I'm always gaining at the beginning of them. :/

Has anyone joined a workplace weightloss challenge before? Some folks at my work are organizing one, and idk if joining them will be helpful or weird.

I have done workplace challenges, and they have always been very helpful for me. It depends on what helps to keep you motivated. I liked having organized walks, weigh ins, someone to relate to on the same journey. It's so hard to get past the hormones! I don't even get a period anymore due to a hysterectomy, but still have my ovaries. So I basically just think I am going crazy til I realize it must be PMS :smiley: