SPLENDA.....worse than sugar!!!!

Longshore
Longshore Posts: 221 Member
Did you know Splenda spikes your blood sugar more than actual sugar? It’s true Splenda is actually worse than pure sugar! It’s the maltodextrine in it. Maltodextrine can rise it over 100 while sugar rises it in the 70s. If you are using Splenda stop and throw it out.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Not that I am for Splenda because I think it’s total garbage but it’s a good idea to provide some source information when making a declaration.
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    edited January 2019
    Longshore wrote: »
    It’s the maltodextrine in it. Maltodextrine can rise it over 100 while sugar rises it in the 70s. If you are using Splenda stop and throw it out.

Thought i did but ok. https://draxe.com/maltodextrin/
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Four years ago I learned that they were not my friend at all! After complete elimination of them for six months I added them back to my coffee and I experienced weight gain. I assume it was from an inflammatory response to it. I haven’t, purposely touched it, or any other artificial sweeteners since then. I did, accidentally, receive an iced coffee with Splenda added to it and I felt a burning sensation in my chest after one drink!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,015 Member
    True about the Splenda. It contains a binder, since the sucralose powder is so light, which acts like sugar. You're actually getting 3 or 4 carbs per serving. You can circumvent this and get the sweetening power of Splenda (sucralose) by using liquid sucralose. I order my own concentrated sucralose powder and mix it into hot water. If there isn't an amateur chemist (or a miser) hidden inside you, premade liquid sucralose is available to buy. But it costs so much it's more economical to make your own. I can spend just under $30 to make more than 8 bottles. EzSweetz of that size is about $12 or $13 a piece.