Shrinking Size Challenge

pjdeeoo
pjdeeoo Posts: 5 Member
Throughout my journey adopting a LCHF, IF/EF and Keto way of eating I've learned how off putting using a scale can be as a true measure of fat lose in the body. For example, in over a month - since the holidays, I haven't lost pounds based on today's scale, but I've lost tons of inches and my clothes fit very differently. I am no longer going to track weight. In fact I'm moving the scale downstairs and hiding it in the basement.

Would anyone be interested in participating in a Shrinking Size Challenge instead of weight? If so, how could we make that happen.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I'm always trying to trim up the torso, so I'm totally in!!!
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    pjdeeoo wrote: »
    Throughout my journey adopting a LCHF, IF/EF and Keto way of eating I've learned how off putting using a scale can be as a true measure of fat lose in the body. For example, in over a month - since the holidays, I haven't lost pounds based on today's scale, but I've lost tons of inches and my clothes fit very differently. I am no longer going to track weight. In fact I'm moving the scale downstairs and hiding it in the basement.

Would anyone be interested in participating in a Shrinking Size Challenge instead of weight? If so, how could we make that happen.

@pjdeepp and @tcunbeliever - I weigh myself every.single.morning! This morning I am up almost 3lbs from Monday...but my stomach is smaller...so yes, our bodies do some crazy things!

I wouldn't mind this challenge...maybe we can put in our measurements for the month? I measure a lot of different areas: Neck, chest, biceps, waist, around my belly button (biggest part for me) hips, thighs and calves. I do this on the 1st of the month as well as taking pictures.

Maybe we can do a few body parts...or just a total in general?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I also try to measure every month, arms, legs, 3 torso measurements, all the usual stuff
  • pjdeeoo
    pjdeeoo Posts: 5 Member
    I would keep it to just a few body parts, for simplicity. If we personally want loads of details we could do that on our own. In terms of which to measure, what about the ones that have to do with height waist size ratio. I think I read in Fung's book something about that.
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    i'm game (if for no other reason than i don't have access to a scale for most of this year is what it looks like)
    maybe hips & waist?