Discouraged with fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    If you are going to be OCD, then dive into the details of the three types of autophagy and how each of them works at the cellular level. Then you will understand what the triggers are for each and what their purpose is and what they accomplish. You don't need a study, you just need to understand cellular biology.
  • maddog1769
    maddog1769 Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    [quote="tcunbeliever;c-43186287 It's also going to kick in high gear with exercise, though possibly not high enough to offset the damage from exercise, depending on intensity, time, etc.[/quote]
    @tcunbeliever I am very intrigued and still learning, can you please go into more detail, On "offset the damage of Exercise" how does exercise do damage?
    Thanks
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    maddog1769 wrote: »
    [quote="tcunbeliever;c-43186287 It's also going to kick in high gear with exercise, though possibly not high enough to offset the damage from exercise, depending on intensity, time, etc.
    @tcunbeliever I am very intrigued and still learning, can you please go into more detail, On "offset the damage of Exercise" how does exercise do damage?
    Thanks
    [/quote]

The whole point of exercise is to create micro-tears in the muscles - that forces the body to respond by repairing the damage and make the muscle stronger so that the micro-tears don't happen as easily. The body also responds by neuro-adaptation - adapting the response of the nervous system to accommodate (and become more efficient at) the exercise.
  • maddog1769
    maddog1769 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dragon.... Got it, The whole No Pain, No Gain thing... I was in a different mind set when reading that
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    In 3 weeks I lost 10.3 lbs😀 then I gained back 1.9 lbs 8 days later.I couldn't lose more than 0.4 lb😖 so I started 10 to 15 hours IF.Hey presto ! I continue to lose weight again.I lost 3 lbs in 6 days.😃

So,I'm losing weight doing short IF and one hot drink☕ at night at present time.I have a bad habit of going to bed late.I count my IF time from dinner time or snack time if I have one.
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @Malimalai you would count it from snack time. Any calories in will break your fast. If your hot drink has no calories then it will not break your fast.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Longshore wrote: »
    @Malimalai you would count it from snack time. Any calories in will break your fast. If your hot drink has no calories then it will not break your fast.

Yes, I count it from snack time because my drink has some calories, thank you.