Make friends to lose 10lb together

Options
My name is Cindy, I lost 20lbs the year before last and maintained it for a year, now I feel it gradually comes backT.T. Wants to lose 10lb by eating healthy and exercise.
Anyone wants to reach our weight losing goal together, please sending me a message and let us do this together🤗 :)

Replies

• Kkxarizona
    Kkxarizona Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm game sister! Aiming to lose 10 myself! I'm 52, 5'5 and 160. I need to tone up and drop fat. Ready, set....?
  • innerartist44
    innerartist44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Please count me in. I want to lose 10 too. I'm 58, 5'5 and 150. I just had a birthday on January 9th and I am really starting to feel old.
  • afrye976
    afrye976 Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I’m in! I’m 5’0, 143... 5 week goal is 130 (13 lbs drop). I plan on working out 3 days a week, very little carbs, trace amounts of sugar, and no alcohol. Any low cal lunch options? Lunch is always tricky for me.
  • jillmkern
    jillmkern Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'7", 52yo, 156.6lbs

I'd love to lose 10lbs. The last 10-15 are soooooooooooo hard

Just copying/pasting the below from another thread.

Getting under 150 is so difficult for me. I think I look pretty good when I get around/below 153, want to lose more after that for attitude :wink: I live in Florida, so it's almost bikini season again

I do IF, 500 calories on Monday/Wednesday, and try to stick around 1300-1500 the other 5 days (Saturday is ALWAYS over this.. I'm weak and like to have fun!) so my weigh-ins are usually Thursday, because that's my favorite day to weigh myself. I usually wake up after a fast day with lots of energy and low appetite, so I go for a morning run, then weigh myself after.

I eat and drink a lot - so the IF helps keep me with water, broth, tea, and La Croix instead of wine or beer, and serious portion control resetting a few days a week.

I'm doing the 30 day push-up, plank, lunge challenge (it's just a calendar; 10 of each first day, and add 1 per day to that for 30 days) so I'm hoping to firm things up this month as well. Wanna join me?

Nice to meet y'all
  • jillmkern
    jillmkern Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    afrye976 wrote: »
    I’m in! I’m 5’0, 143... 5 week goal is 130 (13 lbs drop). I plan on working out 3 days a week, very little carbs, trace amounts of sugar, and no alcohol. Any low cal lunch options? Lunch is always tricky for me.

I nuke a 100 cal veggie burger, put it on one of those 100 cal sandwich rounds with ketchup, mustard, and pickles - around 240 calories and pretty filling

If I need a little more before dinner, I take 1/4 tsp of Better than Bullion and mix it with hot water - makes you feel like you're eating for some reason. You can certainly use more, it's very low cal, but the food tracker notifies me about the sodium content.. so I try to use less. If I'm really, really hungry, I'll wilt some spinach leaves in the broth, then drop an egg white into it while it's piping hot- this makes the texture a little like pasta for hardly any calories.

Hope that helps!
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hello! I quit drinking wine just before the holidays and am now very close to where I want to be. I have 5-8 pounds to lose before I can wear whatever I like (but I'll settle for 10!) and the scale has stopped moving. I am 5' 5" 128 pounds, 56 years old, and about to start a book tour! I need to get skinny before I get onstage. Thank you in advance for your support!
  • kateb14162
    kateb14162 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am trying to lose a stone so 14lbs rather than 10 but am fed up with people saying “oh but you don’t need to lose weight” I’m 5’9” and I feel sooo much better at around 10st but for one reason and another my weight has crept up and it needs to come off again. I am determined I’ve lost 5lb and have 14 to go. Would love to buddy up with folks to keep me on track.
  • Squishywishy
    Squishywishy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 44, 140 and 5'4". I'd like to be back down to 130-133. I lost 100 pounds in 2014 and have been maintaining it since except for these 7 pounds that I go up and down on. I lift 6x/week and am adding cardio (yuck) in now to try and drop the weight.
  • KayMtnHiker
    KayMtnHiker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m in. I’m 5’4”. 145lbs. I want to lose about 20lbs. I try to workout 30 minutes a day (cardio) at least 4-5 days a week. I’m also am eating low carbs. Thanks in advance for all the support.
  • cowfaerie
    cowfaerie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    afrye976 wrote: »

Same boat and size! Dinner is what's tricky for me.
  • afrye976
    Options
    I started with the treadmill 3x’s a week and thought to myself - that won’t cut it. This weekend I went to the gym both sat and sun... MFP keeps telling me my 5 week goal is 128, which is great! But I think I can do more! Anyone with me on this?
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I hit 125.0 today -- hurray! But tomorrow I leave for Nashville to visit my husband's family and that will be challenging (I need my veggies!) Wish me luck in finding something healthy to eat. I don't plan to lose an ounce but it would be SO nice if I could stay where I am until I get back on Saturday!
  • chilli41
    chilli41 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join you guys ?
  • afrye976
    Options
    @chilli41 nope! You’re in!!!
  • afrye976
    Options
    @jillmkern thanks for the tip! I had the veggie spicy black bean with mango salsa and side of black beans. Tasty
  • buckscomom
    buckscomom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good group!

With the help of MFP I lost about 15 pounds a couple of years ago. I stopped because I kept losing and didn't want to get too thin, esp. at my age (late 50s). My face and shoulders can actually look bony it turns out (too bad I can't tell my body exactly where I want to lose the weight!) After a year, I gradually I started gaining again, and found myself last fall about 10 pounds up...

Now I have reversed the trend again, mostly through portion size and cutting snacks. Have a few pounds to go to meet my goal, hopefully by my 60th birthday in late March.

5'9" current weight 156 lbs., looking to get to about 153. Have added HIIT stationary biking a couple times a week to my 2-3 yoga classes a week. Also trying to limit my alcohol.
  • SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I want to loose 20 overall, but 10 is my first goal. Also planning on changing my fitness routine from 1-2 yoga classes to add on weights and cardio so I may even be happy with myself at that point. I'm definitely in!
  • afrye976
    Options
    I’m starting to get the hang of this. I know I need to work out everyday and burn 500 calories. 500 calories* 7 days =3500 =1lb.
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I'm on board. I wan to lose a measly 4 lbs and it seems insurmountable! 5'6, 130, those 4 lbs are literally the last 4 lbs and all on my stomach. But counting calories is sad...... and not fun...
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Also, haven't bought veggie burgers in forever (forgot about them), now I want one!