Signs a guy is into you

Options
Apparently I am clueless ... so please help a girl out because I am attracting losers and users. How do I know if a guy is REALLY into me ... and not just for what he can get out of me?

Replies

• 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    evan marc katz. he has a whole blog about this :-) he's a dating coach for women.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I would ask him.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I would ask him.

But that' s too easy!

I'd rather pass him a note that says *Circle yes if you like me more than a friend, no if you don't*
  • TyTy76
    Options
    I would ask him.

But that' s too easy!

I'd rather pass him a note that says *Circle yes if you like me more than a friend, no if you don't*

I figured you were into the childish games..
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    If you can't feel it, he's doing it wrong!

But seriously, ask him!
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I would ask him.

But that' s too easy!

I figured you were into the childish games..

You seemed to like my childish games just fine last night Tyler.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Is he talking to you more than just necessity. Then chances are he's into you. Don't get me wrong, I know all about female friendship but typically, if I'm talking to you, 9/10 I'm eye banging you while picturing you naked
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    I would ask him.

This seems like the logical approach but all the guys I have dated lately say they like me, but are only there for what they can get out of me. I'm looking to find out more how you know if a guy is REALLY into you, like I originally asked. Anyone can say they like someone but words are words and actions always speak louder than them.
  • TyTy76
    Options
    I would ask him.

This seems like the logical approach but all the guys I have dated lately say they like me, but are only there for what they can get out of me. I'm looking to find out more how you know if a guy is REALLY into you, like I originally asked. Anyone can say they like someone but words are words and actions always speak louder than them.

So you ask a guy if he is into you, and he says I like you but I am just using you for sex? or money? or what?

If that's his answer, move on.

Us guys are not that confusing, I promise.
  • raige123
    Options
    I would ask him.

So you ask a guy if he is into you, and he says I like you but I am just using you for sex? or money? or what?

If that's his answer, move on.

Us guys are not that confusing, I promise.

A guy will flat out tell me he really likes me. They don't actually say they are using me ... that becomes apparent by actions. What guy would come out and say I like you but just to get what I can out of you before I move on to my next conquest?
  • raige123
    Options
    OP, I get what your asking. You're saying that guys lie to get sex. Yes, we do that. And, unfortunately, you can't tell the difference. So, my advice, and this is serious, if you're into the guy, just go for it and hope he's into you too. There's no way to find out except to just take a chance.

It's actually simple, and sometimes heart-breaking.

There might be some clues though. Generally, if he's into you, he'll take an interest in you. He will want to know everything about you. He'll also share things about himself that maybe he wouldn't share normally. But, how you know the difference between friendly babble and genuine sharing, I do not know. That's why I say, just dive in and find out.

To get sex, drives, liquor ... its becoming heartbreaking to even try knowing my intentions are honorable ... just feeling like a doormat who is obviously clueless.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You are probably overlooking huge red flags and then wondering why they hurt you... Personally I don't think you are trusting your gut instincts enough. Don't waiver if you feel creeped out by someone or if they ask you for favors early on. Trust yourself enough to be more decisive and listen to your intuition. With that said, we've all been burned before I'm sure, but the more I listen to that voice in my head/gut the less it has happened to me.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I think you just know. If you have to make all the effort. If he's abusing your kindness. If you have to say to yourself 'is he into me?', then he probably isn't!

I agree with PJ. Try looking at the situation without rose tinted glasses. The answers are usually pretty obvious.

It may also help if you dont expect too much too soon! :flowerforyou:
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I don't use people for sex, but here are some things I might to to indicate I was really interested in you:

- Make plans ahead of time as opposed to "hey, what are you up to tonight?"
    - Make plans that involve more than "come over to my place and watch a movie"
    - Offer to bring you out with my friends (but this one might take a while, I could be really into you and not have this happen for a long time. My friends are crazy, so it's more of making sure you are ready for it)
    - Do something that shows there was thought or research involved - like look into something you said you were interested in or bring some little trinket of a gift that is relevant to a conversation we had
    - Let you know something about myself that could be used to judge me negatively
    - Listen more than talk
    - Take you somewhere I am a regular at (mine is a cool local cafe / bakery)
    - Do something slightly out of character showing an effort - I might wear a collar shirt and make damn sure I point it out. Too relaxed might mean uncaring, but maybe not

Probably more stuff.
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    You can try making them wait. Typically, a guy who just wants to use you won't wait. They get tired pretty quick and move on. If you play hard to get, the good ones will understand and wait for you.

Or, you could *kitten* him on the first night and see if he calls.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't use people for sex, but here are some things I might to to indicate I was really interested in you:

- Make plans ahead of time as opposed to "hey, what are you up to tonight?"
    - Make plans that involve more than "come over to my place and watch a movie"
    - Offer to bring you out with my friends (but this one might take a while, I could be really into you and not have this happen for a long time. My friends are crazy, so it's more of making sure you are ready for it)
    - Do something that shows there was thought or research involved - like look into something you said you were interested in or bring some little trinket of a gift that is relevant to a conversation we had
    - Let you know something about myself that could be used to judge me negatively
    - Listen more than talk
    - Take you somewhere I am a regular at (mine is a cool local cafe / bakery)
    - Do something slightly out of character showing an effort - I might wear a collar shirt and make damn sure I point it out. Too relaxed might mean uncaring, but maybe not

Probably more stuff.

Will you marry me?? Please??? :flowerforyou:
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    I just had another thought. People who use and abuse other are generally (I would like to think) insecure and unhappy. Where would you meet people who were generally the opposite?

Does anyone have ideas? Happy people tend to have hobbies other than picking up chicks at bars. Maybe some sort of activity group, group class, volunteer work, etc. I just joined a hiking group on meetup.com and it is great. I also run into really interesting people volunteering for a local organization. Mostly old gay men, but hey it's a start.

Carly, of course. ;)