Weekly Post 21/01/2019 - 27/01/2019

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
Good morning everybody!

Hope you all had a great weekend. Flew by didn't it?!

Little busy at the moment. Our office is open today on Martin Luther King Day. Going to come back a little later with more.

Have a good day and a great week!

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Thanks meg! Too bad you didn’t get the day off!! Hope you’re feeling good.

Bought myself a spiralizer today.... it was fun to use and came with different size blades for a variety of sizes of sliced veggies! zucchini noodles with spaghetti sauce for dinner tonight and I really liked it. Nice change from spaghetti squash!

How’s everyone doing? Sending positive vibes to all.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I swear I posted yesterday! I must have not hit post... d'oh! I hope you all are having a good week. I am still feeling a bit gross, so it is easy to not eat much. This is the sickest winter I have had in a long time. I do wish these children would stop sharing. LOL

@mamainthekitchen I keep thinking about a spiralizer, but I don't cook enough right now to justify getting one.

@Meghan509 Thanks for starting the week! This week sure is busy! I hope it calms down for you!

Off to look over classes and get started back at the homework grind. One more year...
    Have a great week! Happy fasting!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!

Sorry to be MIA all week! CrAzY week here. Found out on Monday afternoon that my car was considered a complete total, due to the cost of repairs. There was over $15,000 USD in damage to the car. Been dealing with insurance companies, rental cars, and now having to buy another a new car.

To add to all of that, I am also traveling next week for a work meeting. I will be heading to Miami on Monday and returning Wednesday evening. Giving you folks a heads up that I will not be able to start the weekly thread on Monday and I will be sporadic at best around here. Will hopefully log in each day to keep my streak alive, but can't commit to much else.

After Super Bowl on Sunday, February 3 I plan to be fully back on track and returning to the gym. My car troubles should be resolved by then, work less crazy, feeling better?!, and the good thing is hoping there will be less Resolution Peeps at the gym. LOL

My eating has been okay. Could be better. Just can't commit fully right now. Too much going on. Will be back in full swing soon. :) Heading to my physical therapist tonight for an appt. after work. She really does help me feel better. I am a little concerned about my neck since the car accident last week. Feels a little creaky at times and stiff. Going to see how it goes and hope for the best...

@mamainthekitchen aren't those spiralizers awesome!! I love mine. I wish I used it more. It is dishwasher safe, but I tend to do a lot of dinners via meal prep on Sunday. Mushy sprialized noodles aren't going to cut it. LOL Sending positive vibes back to you! Thank you!!

@KateNkognito sorry to hear you have been feeling sick lately. :( My friend used to work at a pediatrician's office and when she started they told her to expect to be sick on and off for about two years or so and then you will be fine. Guess you have to get the germs then build up the immunity and going forward you should be fine for most "stuff" that comes through. Ugh!
    I honestly can't say enough how much I like taking a probiotic and how it is has helped me. I take it mostly for the GI benefits but for the last two years since I started it - have not been sick. *KNOCKS WOOD* The one I take is PB8 and I get it via Amazon but there are plenty of good ones out there. Feel better!!

Hope everybody is well and you are having a good week. See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning.
    Happy Friday!
    Hope everybody is doing well. :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Yes, happy Friday to you too!

Sorry about your car meg! Ughhh! What a hassle! Hope you enjoy some warm weather on your work trip!!!!! And have time to soak that in!

Kate: do you get flu shots? We do here, but the daughter still caught a nasty flu germ (working in hospital & going to school doesn’t help) but for the most part it’s kept a lot of sickness away from my family. Hope you feel better.

I’m starting to feel back on track. Bought some shreddies cereal yesterday. Not sure, but if I save that (1/2 cup with unsweetened almond milk) for lunch, I can make it the rest of day to have a light dinner then bed early! Something about all that crunch & chewing! Well at least that’s my trick this week through next. So I’ll let you know I get on with that.

Ok I need to look up spiralized ideas... zucchini is all I’ve done. But even if that’s all I do, it’s great to have that with the sauce & topped with Parmesan cheese....another meal for the diabetic son!!! Whew!

Off to change and get outside... mild today about 8C with no wind!! A walk is on the plan.... then I’ll have my bowl of shreddies!! Hungry now though, all I’ve had is hot water, but I can do this!!!! ;-)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hi all,
    Doing pretty good today.. my shreddies trick is working again today.... 1/2 a cup with 1/2 cup of almond milk —- love the crunch as I’m not a smoothie kind of gal! My snack this afternoon was a hard boiled egg with 12g of mayo and I mixed that into the yolk then spread it back in, but next time I’ll use less mayo.... 8 grams maybe. Using a kitchen scale makes this so “fun”!! 😉

Sending happy fasting vibes!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    ^^^ okay ditto for today from yesterday! Having several hard boiled eggs in the fridge is great to keep me from finding the goodies!!!

Hope people are having a great weekend!