What’s the best way to start Keto

Options
lia85013
lia85013 Posts: 30 Member
edited April 2019 in Social Groups
Number 1 DO NOT CHEAT
Number 2 Start your day with FATS
Breakfast: eggs, sausage or bacon, tea or coffee with HEAVY CREAM.
DO NOT EAT: bread, hash browns, pancakes, potatoes made in any way. Cereal, milk, fat free yogurt or milk. Eat full fat cheese. CAREFUL with cheese. Buy cheese from the deli, and ask them to find the no sugar added meats and cheeses; make flautas no tacos. Flautas are the same as tacos but you wrapped in cooked ham or mortadella, and baked them for 15 minutes. Cooked with lard or coconut oil. Use a ton of butter. For your first Keto dinner cut chicken in small pieces and, fry it in olive oil, use a lot of garlic, salt and pepper, add bacon cut in small pieces and fry for a few more minutes. Take out of the heat and add cilantro to taste. If you don’t like cilantro don’t add it. Heat up coconut oil in a different pan. Cut as many cauliflower florets as desire and cook them for a few minutes. Cut the stems and add salt, butter and lemon. Make a bed on the plate with the cauliflower and add the chicken on top. For dessert make a delicious strawberry cream shake. Go make it do not put more than 2 strawberries to a 16 oz shake. Add heavy cream, 2 table spoons of water, ice and stevia or sweetener of your choice. NO SUGAR
Try to fast, only if you are not hungry. If you are, eat things with a lot of fat. In a few days you will be in Ketosis and your body will never forget how to do it again. When you enter Ketosis you will feel the water leaving your body. No bloating, a lot of energy, no tiredness, and you will drop a few pounds within a couple of weeks. DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED if you are dropping pounds slowly. CHEATING will not help you, CHEATING is the game your brain plays on you to only feel defeated later. DON’T let it do that to you

Replies

• justpeachyy09
    justpeachyy09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd say just try to get rid of any sugar temptations you might have in your house then just try replacing any sugar in coffee etc with a sweetner like stevia. Still has some carbs but no sugar included! My weakness is also sweet foods, I've only been doing keto for a week but I've seen that you can also make keto cookies and sweet snacks. I guess the best advice would be to try some of these, stay within moderation of the macros and stay strong :) keep your goal in mind! :) good luck
  • djones2015
    djones2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! You are right. The sugar is the hardest. I personally just went cold turkey and been off sugar for 3 weeks. Not using sweetners but I still want a piece of apple pie lol
  • laceygdwn
    laceygdwn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Coffee has been one of my biggest struggles, I love a little coffee with my creamer! I have gone to a sugar free creamer...I'm slowly making the change to black or a bulletproof.
  • lia85013
    lia85013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Use heavy whipping cream it makes it a lot better taste. We use heavy whipping cream for coffee and also shakes. When I haven’t had the 70% fat for the day I make a raspberry whipping cream and ice shake. I add a little bit of xylitol to satisfy my sweet tooth but no more than half a spoon. It’s delicious, it almost tastes like icecream
  • imboswell721
    imboswell721 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Ginger Lemon tea. It really helps to get rid of the sugar craving and helps my water intake.