How to Keto with vegetarians in the house.

Options
I used to stay pretty trim on a low carb diet back in my 30s. Now I'm 50 and I need to reel it back in. My only problem is I live with two vegetarians and they keep the house stocked with all kinds of tasty carbs. Any advice on how to do this better with vegetarians around, aside from eating them?

Replies

• lia85013
    lia85013 Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    That’s a tough one, but I still have my pantry cool of the old carb yummy stuff. Rice, pasta, sugar, condensed milk, sugar, you name it. We also had the grand kilos staying over and they eat all things carbs and drink all things sugar. For my husband and I is more about what we feel and see about ourselves (although I did fall off the wagon once). I’m 53 years old, and i was about 40 lbs overweight. I lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks and I lose about .50 to .75 lbs every day. And, by the way vegetarians can still lose weight if they eat a lot of fat. For vegans is tough given that they don’t eat any animal products and the fat content from fatty vegetables and MTC oils is not enough. As you know your carb intake needs to net 30 grams per day. Eat a lot of butter, heavy whipping cream, sour cream. It sounds crazy but it is the way. Use a few TBS of olive oil, eat olives and avocado. Eat lamb, that has a very high fat content. The trick here is to eat a lot of fat to make feel full. If you are full you will not crave carbs.
    Omg, sorry this is a long response