macros for weight loss

Options
hello everybody, Im new in this group. what is the % of macros recommended when losing weight.

thanks.

Replies

• apallas
    apallas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weight loss starts at a calorie deficit. Typically your calorie needs minus 500cals consistently helps as a starting point
  • Biancabhi
    Biancabhi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your specific goal is. Are you wanting to lose fat?lose weight but maintain muscle? Are you doing low carb ?
  • RovP6
    RovP6 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    First thing you need to know is where you're at right now in terms of CICO and macros. I presume if your here that you're using the app to track your food so you should know your calories in. Weight yourself every day and take a 2 week average of your weight to see what happens for that calorie intake. That will give you an indication of your energy balance. As a general rule of thumb, multiply your bodyweight in lbs by 10 to get your weight loss calories. Once you know that, the macro split should be around 0.8-1.2g per lb of bodyweight of Protein (always start with Protein), 25-35% of total calorie intake in Fats and the rest in Carbs. Remember that 1g of Protein = 4 calories, 1g of Fat = 9 calories, 1g of Carbs = 4 calories and 1g of alcohol =7 calories. First things first though, work out where you are now before you start to adjust. Hope that helps.
  • UroIogist
    UroIogist Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me is 35-40% protein, 35% carbs, and 25-30% fats. I'm a teenager, so what has worked for me might not work for you, but I believe it should have some similar effect.
  • mink_yy
    mink_yy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A little late to reply but I found this tool to be very helpful. It's an online calculator and is completely customizable. It also has a lot of future projections, etc. If you like hard data to build around I found this to be extremely helpful. It says Keto Calculator, but as I said, you can customize your macros.

https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/