Not getting enough calories/ keto issues

Options
X5452JONDY
X5452JONDY Posts: 16 Member
I do keto/omad. My macros are 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% fat. The last few weeks i can barely hit 600 calories. I have been doing keto for over a year now. From keto I developed food aversions to many foods, including once loved meat and dairy. I try making keto recipes that i used to love like fathead pizza etc and can't eat it. I can barely stomach down what i can, mostly vegetables. I feel so gross, oily, full and just not hungry. Should i force myself to eat more? Has anyone had food aversions from keto like this. I posted in the main chat before and was told to stop keto and calorie count. My issues with that are when i (stop keto) and keep my carb intake still below 50g i pack on the weight fast. Second, with calorie counting the weight comes off extremely slow and without being full from protein and fats i feel starved......what to do?

Replies

• qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Have you considered switching to maybe 2 meals per day to allow more time for your stomach to accept the food even if you continue a small eating window? For instance: an 18/6 where you eat at 9:30am and eat the final meal before 3:30pm? That would allow some digestion to occur.

A Florida avocado (not hass) would give you a pretty big blast of calories and fat as well as a quick snack.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I don't understand. You want to eat keto, but you don't like keto foods?

Because you don't like meat or dairy?

There are lots of sites/cookbooks for vegetarian or vegan keto - have you tried recipes from those? It seems like you naturally trend vegetarian so that might help you get a variety of foods that you enjoy.

Long-term, there's no way you can fit balanced nutrition into 600 cal a day and continuing to starve yourself is going to impact your metabolic health.
  • freckleston
    freckleston Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sorry -can i ask What does 'omad' mean please?

I dont have any advice im afraid. I am not getting enough calories either so came on here looking for ideas.
    Ive been keto for only 3 weeks and that was coming from a heavily carb-based diet.
    Last couple of days is different i am just not hungry at all- dont fancy any foods.

Today ive only eaten 450 cals [!] as made meals but just couldnt face it . Im searching kitchen for something i want to eat now but its bedtime soon so its not looking like i will consume any more today.

I know i wont starve unless this goes on regularly but i am used to routine 3 meals and Im used to getting hungry so its very weird. I guess this is why people do some fasting- i havent looked into that yet- Im new to all this.

I will be looking through this group for more ideas/advice. Im sure you will also find a solution, best wishes to you.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    @freckleston One meal a day intermittent fasting.

I started doing intermittent fasting again on 2/1 and am following a 16/8 plan which means that from 5:30pm to 9:30am I don't consume food. From 9:30am to 5:30pm I get my calories in over 2 meals and snacks.

Want a fast way to get some calories, fat and protein with no carbs? Order 10 to 15 wings with some ranch at a bar. Problem solved and you will likely take up some calories for the next day as well. It's my go to meal.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I'd say, if ur not hungry, don't eat. If u were starving yourself you would feel hungry. Maybe the decreased appetite is temporary and will come back when you need more food? If meat and dairy are a turn off now, try seafood, egg or tuna salad, vegetables with extra butter or ovoo to increase fats, chia pudding with coconut cream and/or peanut butter
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It would be helpful to see your food diary so if you track on here we may be able to give you advise based on that. So please make your diary public.
    Why are you doing OMD?
    How long have you been doing OMD?
    What is your current weight, height and activity?
    How much water do you drink?

• freckleston
    freckleston Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    qweck3 wrote: »
    @freckleston One meal a day intermittent fasting.

Ohhh i see!Thank you!
    Im not sure about the idea of this fasting. Im still getting my head around keto which is completely opposite to my previous carb/low fat diet. I still have the inbuilt routine for 3 meals. But i will have to look into this as im not hungry enough for that now.

To make up some calories yesterday i didnt have a chance to get wings! - but i made a sort of a buttery creamy hot chocolate, which was nice.