Keto and sugar

Options
lia85013
lia85013 Posts: 30 Member
edited February 2019 in Social Groups
Have you gone to the supermarket lately and feel you are from a different planet? I can’t walk through an isle without finding sugar on every product on the shelf. Well sugar if you are lucky, fructose corn syrup to be honest. It takes me for ever and a day to get where I am going when shopping. I have to stop and just check if any products have actually changed their ingredients. For the past month I feel compelled to do so to keep everyone informed about product that have taken sugar content out of their foods... No luck.
Shelves are full of poisonous foods, literally. The industry, commerce and even the medical field work against population healthy eating. Is cereal a recommended food by doctors for breakfast? I remember once I told my doctor I wasn’t eating breakfast sometime ago and he said just grab a bawl of cereal or get a cereal bar so you have something in your stomach until lunch. I could slap that doctor if I see him now 70lbs later. Carbs AND sugar packed in those wonderful whole grain Cheerios. Eat your cereal with low fat milk or low fat yogurt. He might as well said just buy a pound of sugar and eat it until lunch

I have been saved by Keto, not only by making me aware but by forcing me to learn how to eat without sugar. No ketchup, no cheese if it’s not from the deli, no mayo if it’s not made at home. No milk if it is not whole milk, no yogurt if it is not Greek and no sugar. Read the labels friends, sometimes 0% sugar doesn’t mean there is no sugar. Take mayo for example, it has 0% sugar but if you read the ingredients, sure enough they used sugar. Read the ingredients... always!!!