Fall Babies

Options
KellyBgetsfit
KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
Hello! I am due with baby #4 Sept 16. Any other fall babies??? This baby was a bit of surprise. I am high risk due to having preeclampsia in all 3 previous pregnancies. I regularly worked out prior to pregnancy, but morning sickness has kicked my butt this time. I am trying to walk a few days a week. I am logging...so many carbs due to morning sickness. I am ready to be past this part!!!!!

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm due 8/4, so not really fall baby, but not far off from you! I honestly haven't worked out at all since I got pregnant. Hoping to get back into it soon but I'm too scared to run again, and I'm scared to lift weights too lol. I'll probably stick to walking or elliptical and just use lighter weights. I ended up getting a gym membership because I used to work out at home but all I have are heavy weights/barbell and plates. And I just don't feel comfortable using those.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    I would consider Aug fall since kids go back to school. I am not runner, but I have a friend who ran until 6 months. I am doing dumbbells but I reduced the weight significantly. I am aiming to get on the elliptical 5 times this week. I read that cardio is the best thing you can do when your pregnant. I have Beachbody on Demand and they have a few different prenatal workouts that I want to try too.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm due Sept 4th with #3. So far this pregnancy has been rough. Really bad nausea, hard to eat, so tired. Also had a bit of spotting after working out around 7-8 weeks so I took a break from all exercise and now I'm slowly getting back into it. I feel so out of shape and like I am losing muscle. I hate first tri. I'll be 12 weeks on Wednesday so I'm getting there and hopefully will feel a bit better soon.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    I feel like each baby has gotten so much harder!!! My morning sickness has turned to evening sickness so I basically get very sick and go to bed. I am starting to get on the elliptical again in the morning and I am eating for fruits and vegetables. Protein is still lower then I would like, but I figure that will come.
  • hesn92
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm due Sept 4th with #3. So far this pregnancy has been rough. Really bad nausea, hard to eat, so tired. Also had a bit of spotting after working out around 7-8 weeks so I took a break from all exercise and now I'm slowly getting back into it. I feel so out of shape and like I am losing muscle. I hate first tri. I'll be 12 weeks on Wednesday so I'm getting there and hopefully will feel a bit better soon.

Congrats!!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »

Congrats!!

Thank you :)
  • ginatw16
    ginatw16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies - congrats to you all. Due October 12th with #2. Nausea, fatigue, headaches have been SO much worse SO much earlier this time around. I basically have been eating fruit and saltines! Ugh. Starting weight is way higher than the first time around (my oldest will be 4 soon). 5’4 and started at 173...which is the highest ever for me..eek. So I really want to be conscious this time around and not gain more than necessary. I worry about the second trimester when you usually start to feel better...although who knows what is to come! Does anyone have any prenatal workouts they recommend, maybe on you tube? I want to try to keep it mostly belly weight and no extra fat this time around!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    ginatw16 wrote: »
    Hi ladies - congrats to you all. Due October 12th with #2. Nausea, fatigue, headaches have been SO much worse SO much earlier this time around. I basically have been eating fruit and saltines! Ugh. Starting weight is way higher than the first time around (my oldest will be 4 soon). 5’4 and started at 173...which is the highest ever for me..eek. So I really want to be conscious this time around and not gain more than necessary. I worry about the second trimester when you usually start to feel better...although who knows what is to come! Does anyone have any prenatal workouts they recommend, maybe on you tube? I want to try to keep it mostly belly weight and no extra fat this time around!

Congrats! Hope you start feeling better soon, first tri is so hard especially when you already have a little one to take care of!

In the past I have used PopSugar pregnancy workouts on YouTube. They are fun, mostly bodyweight and cardio stuff. I am sure there are many other good ones too. For my last and this pregnancy I was lifting weights before so I am trying to continue to do that with lower intensity. I mostly just modify what I am currently doing... ex. no ab work after first tri, try not to do any crazy stretching or balancing acts, lots of hydration and rest periods.
  • kmsimmons402
    kmsimmons402 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am due with baby #4 Sept 16. Any other fall babies??? This baby was a bit of surprise. I am high risk due to having preeclampsia in all 3 previous pregnancies. I regularly worked out prior to pregnancy, but morning sickness has kicked my butt this time. I am trying to walk a few days a week. I am logging...so many carbs due to morning sickness. I am ready to be past this part!!!!!

Kelly- I could’ve written this post. We have so many similarities! My name is also Kelly, I am due September 16, this baby was also a huge surprise (I have 7 month old twins... got pregnant first cycle after having them), I had preeclampsia with the twins, and I’m having terrible morning sickness as well. We are literally twins!!!

• kmsimmons402
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Kelly and I’m due September 16 :) I have 7 month old twin girls so this baby was a bit of a shock- but we are excited nonetheless. I am still holding on to 15/20lbs from the twins and am afraid of gaining a lot of weight and having so much to lose after this baby gets here. Any advice or input on what a healthy weight gain is while starting out a little overweight? I want to start using MFP now that morning sickness seems to be on its way out. How do I know what to set my calories at?
  • hesn92
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Kelly and I’m due September 16 :) I have 7 month old twin girls so this baby was a bit of a shock- but we are excited nonetheless. I am still holding on to 15/20lbs from the twins and am afraid of gaining a lot of weight and having so much to lose after this baby gets here. Any advice or input on what a healthy weight gain is while starting out a little overweight? I want to start using MFP now that morning sickness seems to be on its way out. How do I know what to set my calories at?

According to everything I've heard, if you're a healthy weight, you should aim for 25-35 lbs, and if you're overweight, you should try to only gain 15-25lbs.

Honestly I haven't been counting my calories since I was 8 weeks (around Christmas) I had good intentions in the beginning lol. I'm just trying to go off of what my weight is doing. I log my weight in a trending app, Happy Scale, and I try to get it to show me a trend of 1lb a week right now. My weight was going up pretty fast there for a few weeks so I just cut a few things out of my diet to shave off some calories (I'm boring and eat mostly the same things every day), and my weight gain is slowing down, so I think I did a good job

If I was going to count calories I would set it up to "maintain current weight" and then try to go over that goal by X number of calories depending on what trimester you're in. I had issues with that because I'd meet my calorie goal and still be hungry lol!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    @sardelsa how are you feeling now? Have you gotten over the 1st trimester grossness?

@ginatw16 The 1st trimester us the worst! My 2nd one was the easiest. Babies 3 and 4 have been the worst! It's funny how it varies between pregnancies. I don't know of any YouTube prenatal videos. I have Beachbody on Demand and they have a few pregnancy workouts so I do those and use the elliptical. I really hope I can keep my gain at minimum because this is the biggest I have ever been too. I tend to gain too much in trimester 1 because I am to sick workout and I just want carbs. This is week 11 for me and I am at a little more then 3. The first 2 came before I found out I was pregnant.

@kmsimmons402 hi Kelly! How fun!!! Same name, same due date!!!! How early did you have the twins? My second baby was born at 29 weeks. I woke up and my eyes were basically swollen shut! They gave me magnesium, steroids, and took her 3 days later. She is perfectly healthy now. The other 2 weren't as early. 39 and 38 weeks. Since I am overweight, my dr. said 20-25 pounds. So far, this is my healthiest start to a pregnancy so I hope to keep it that way.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    @hesn92 I hate logging, but I am afraid of what will happen when appetite comes back full force. I have my calories set at maintenance, but I rarely meet that, yet! When it picks up in a few weeks, I will add 200 to maintaince. Your weight gain still looks great, even with the few gains.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit I am getting a bit better thanks, nausea still comes and goes, so fatigued these days too! I hope I start to get my energy back soon.

How are you feeling?

I haven't been weighing myself at all, hopefully I am on track, who knows!
  • kmsimmons402
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit I had the twins at 36 weeks, but was diagnosed with preeclampsia at 32 weeks. I woke up extremely dizzy and disoriented one day, drank a bunch of water and drove myself to my doc’s office and demanded to be seen. My blood pressure was 100/160. They sent me to the hospital immediately and gave me steroids and told me we were delivering the babies in 48 hours, sooner if my condition deteriorated. Well somehow my body fought it and my blood pressure stabilized within 24 hours to 90/140 and remained that way for 4 weeks! I was stuck in the hospital because they said the extreme bed rest was the only reason the preeclampsia wasn’t getting out of control. I was only allowed to get up for 30 minutes a day. They finally did a c section at 36 weeks because baby A hadn’t grown in 2 weeks. No NICU, brought them home 3 days later!

This baby was a big surprise, and I haven’t lost all the twin pregnancy weight yet. I am about 20lbs heavier than I would’ve liked to be before getting pregnant again. This is just 1 baby though, so that’s less daunting! :) I plan to start tracking when I feel 100% better... we are both at the tail end of our first trimesters and I’m throwing up less and less. How about you? How do you know how many calories to set MFP for to maintain or lose a little, but keep baby healthy?

Also, do you know if you’re having a boy or girl yet?! Our twins are girls so we’re hoping for a boy... but I have a gut feeling it’s another little lady! :)
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    @sardelsa are you 12 weeks? I think you posted you are due about a week ahead of me. Hopefully that subsides soon! I know you have a 3 year old like me, but how old is your other one? Chasing kids is exhausting!!! I teach Kindergarten and it wears me out. I feel pretty good during the day, if I spread my food out. At night, I have to drive my girls to dance and cheer. I think the car makes it worse. I get sick most nights. Sometimes, I literally have to pull my car over. I hope this ends soon!!!! Then way to bulk and cut, I am sure your weight is fine. Clearly, you have pretty good eating habits.

@kmsimmons402 I still throw up most nights! I am so over it! I set my calories to maintenance on mpg. I am trying to eat quality food. 100 calories of almonds is better for the baby then 100 calories of chips. I am not eating enough to hit my maintenance calories yet, but the scale has gone up faster then I like. I am hoping to only gain .5 a week, so if I surpass that, I may shave some calories off. I don't know what we're having yet and I really don't even have a "hunch" yet. I will have an ultrasound on Thurs at my 12 week appt. with the perinatal, but last time, I had to wait until 16 weeks to find out. We have two girls, 14 and 9, and a 3 year old boy. We had our oldest right out of college so we waited a few years for #2. #3 and #4 were both surprises. I come from a family of 5 so I don't mind a big family, but hubby will be getting snipped this summer!!! 4 is enough.
  • kmsimmons402
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit wow a few surprises, that’s crazy! We just found out yesterday our baby is a girl :) I knew it! I guess I’ll have to pressure hubby into one more to try for a boy in a few years. Haha! I’m going to try to set my MFP to maintenance and see if that keeps me at my current weight for awhile. I was hoping with the extra weight I already have from my previous pregnancy I could get away with gaining very little this time. With all the throwing up I’m definitely not eating much so I guess that’s helping me not to gain just yet!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit I am now 14 weeks, due Sept 4.. for now at least. Usually they push my due date then the baby comes earlier so who knows! My daughter is 5. She is in school full time my son is in preschool 3x per week, so I can't complain too much!

I was still getting sick last week in the mornings, then just nausea and head pressure at night. I am just starting to feel a bit better... mornings are still a bit rough though!

Hope you start to feel better soon

@kmsimmons402 congratulations!
  • hesn92
    edited March 2019
    Options
    How do you people get lucky with both boys and girls and I end up with three boys lol. People ask if I'm going to try again for a girl and I'm like, why I'll just end up with four boys LOL. Oh well. That's okay. My three year old son is so sweet and loves his mommy so much, so I'm excited to have another one. I'm mostly just sad to give up all the girl names that I love so much.
  • RunningBridges
    RunningBridges Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m due in early Oct! This will be my first little one and I’m terrified! :)

Even though I’m only 10 weeks, I was tested for gestational diabetes and now being treated for it. MFP to the rescue !