Fall Babies

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @RunningBridges I had a hard time with fasting numbers in my last pregnancy so I am watching my carbs already. I never needed insulin, but I never could get the numbers under 90 either. All my numbers look fine now, but last time, it wasn't until closer to my 3rd trimester.
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm due in November!! My second pregnancy! My LO is 14 months.

I used mpf and gained 26 lbs with #1 and lost all but cycle the last 5 lbs (nursing seemed to plateau me). So another goal of 20-30.
  • nikki22110
    nikki22110 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls! I'm Nicole, and i'm due 8th Oct approx . . Also my first one 🙈 Had to give up my Aerial skills (Hoop & Pole) and finding it tough being not as active. I'm fine for a few days and can blast the gym, but most days i'm murdered with heartburn, nausea and pure exhaustion! Hoping that MFP will help with unnessessary weight gain. Would you recommend maintenance calories for pregnancy? I would be afraid if i ate too little, i would damage the baby. Thanks for the advice and congrats to all! 😊
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I am 14 weeks and still getting sick and exhausted!!!! We did find out we are having another girl...so 3 girls, 1 boy. I know hubby was a little disappointed.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Congrats @KellyBgetsfit on another girl! You must have all the clothes and stuff from the others so that makes things easier.

I am 16 weeks now, still have a bit of morning sickness which is so odd for me this late. It's usually gone by now. I guess every pregnancy is different!

I haven't been tracking my weight but I am up about 3-4lbs from my starting weight which isn't too bad. It's hard to know since I am back to lifting regularly and the more I workout the more water I retain. I still look the same aside from a tiny bump which pops in the evening and is pretty much gone by morning. I washed all my maternity clothes but probably won't need them for a few weeks.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    congrats @KellyBgetsfit :) how old is your little boy? was he disappointed he's not getting a brother?
  • hesn92
    Options
    I've been wearing maternity clothes since I was like, 10-12 weeks lol. I was getting so bloated in the beginning, and I can't believe how fast my bump popped out. I ended up buying a pair of stretchy jeans a size up (regular jeans, not maternity) and I'm still wearing those. They are a little baggy looking on me but, oh well. My maternity jeans that I have are always falling down and I wind up with a saggy crotch, which is so annoying. I'm hoping when my belly gets bigger it will hold my pants up a little better?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    How is everyone doing? Just hit 18 weeks over here. Feeling alright but having a bit of backpain when I am go-go-go all day. I don't know if there is any way to deal with it other than take things a bit easier. It is hard with two kids plus we are trying to sell our house so I am constantly cleaning (gahh) anyhow hopefully I will be ok!

I haven't really been tracking my weight that diligently but it seems like I have gained about 4.5lbs or so (from my starting weight). I don't remember my rate of gain with the last ones, I really should keep better track of these things, oh well.

Starting to feel some real kicks and movement in there. Not all the time but when I actually sit down and relax. :)

• hesn92
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I'll be 23 weeks this weekend. I have horrible back pain as well, but only every now and then thankfully. And it's usually only in the evenings. But it does get really bad, to a point where I am basically limping, I can't put my weight on one leg or the other, etc.

Other than that things are going really well so far. I have gained quite a bit of weight, 18 lbs. I have not been tracking my calories. I just don't want to. Lol. I have been so hungry lately though. Me and my husband went out for lunch yesterday and I could just keep eating and eating, when normally I would have only eaten about half.

I am loving my belly though.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    17 weeks here and up 6ish pounds. I have always been a big 1st trimester gainer 8-10 pounds, so I am very pleased with my weight. I am still throwing 1-2 times a week, but overall feel better. I am trying to get my 3 year old to sleep in his big boy bed so he wakes me up a few times a night. I stopped tracking, but I am working out 5 days a week. I plan to add some yoga on my off days. I am getting sciatic pain.

@sardelsa selling house? That is stressful! Are you just getting a bigger house or are you moving to another town? You do not even look pregnant!

@hesn92 sorry about the back pain. I thought I would log for this entire pregnancy, but I gave it up too. I am glad you are loving your belly because mine feels HUGE already. In fact, people tell me how huge I am!!!!

• sardelsa
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit glad you are feeling better, hope the nausea passes soon. Yoga is so amazing for pregnancy, I really have to get back into it to.

And yea we are selling... we already bought another house, moving closer to husband's work, closer to the city too so it is not cheap. I wouldn't say much bigger, we are doing lots of renovations so pretty much a complete gut of the house, and adding another story, so it will have enough bedrooms for our growing family which will be nice.
    Oh and thanks, I look regular in the morning then by night I feel and look huge! I really want a belly soon, I really can't wait to wear all my cute maternity clothes :)
  • hesn92
    edited April 2019
    Options
    What kind of work outs are you guys doing? Just your regular that you were doing before? I got a membership at the gym because we are finishing our basement which is where I had my little home gym set up with my weights, so I can't work out at home right now (we are doing it ourselves ... well I should say my husband is doing it himself lol. So it's taking a long time.) Anyway. I really suck and haven't been going to the gym at all. For some reason it's hard for me to get back into it once I've been out of it for so long. Thankfully it's getting nice outside.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    @hesn92 I am still lifting at home but have modified things for pregnancy. I only workout maybe 2-3 times per week these days. Better than nothing
  • hesn92
    Options
    My lower back pain /sciatica or whatever is making me too scared to do any weight lifting. I googled it and they said anything upper body where you lift above your head (like shoulder press) is a no. With leg and glute exercises they said to be really careful and stick to really low weight or body weight. I really hope my back goes back to normal after I have this baby. Maybe I will just stick with low impact cardio and maybe yoga and body weight exercises. Pregnancy really sucks sometimes.
  • carlaunderconstruction
    Options
    I'm due on October 7 with my first. I just got back to logging, and I found this group right away.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    I'm due on October 7 with my first. I just got back to logging, and I found this group right away.

Congratulations !
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm due 11/9 with my first. Not sure if that's still considered fall, but close enough. :smile: I hit 13 weeks on Saturday and finally weighed myself. I'm up about 3 lbs, which surprised me, because I feel so bloated all the time and I eat so much that I thought for sure it'd be more. I'm trying to enjoy my changing body, but I have to admit that it's hard.

I have been doing Olympic lifting for the last 5 months or so. I was continuing with that (never anything too high for weight), but I just finished my last session with my trainer last week. We are in the process of moving/selling our house for my new job, so it was too much to deal with right now. I do still have a gym membership, though, so I want to get back to doing some lifting this week. It's just hard to motivate myself to get there some days. My first trimester has been relatively uneventul, but I have definitely been crazy tired! Although all of the other stuff we have going on may be part of that too. :lol:
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    How's everyone doing??? I am 26 weeks and I feel HUGE! I will probably only go to 38 weeks but 12 weeks in the summer sounds like FOREVER!

I have been trying to walk but if I don't get out by 7:30, it's just too hot. I have also been swimming a few days a week. I gave up on my 21 Day Fix videos a few weeks ago. I am trying to do squats/lunges a few times a week.

I am worried that I am gaining a tad more weight then I should. I have 12-14 weeks left but only 10 pounds until I hit my 25 pound max goal (I started out overweight). My last pregnancy, I was also overweight, but 7 pounds lighter then this one, and I still gained 40ish. I have been eating more carbs then normal, so I know I need to focus on that. I am not sure if I actually want to log it or not. Whenever I log, I'm actually not eating that much, just high carbs.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit sounds like you are doing great, your weight gain sounds good but I am sure your doctor can tell you if it is a concern. Oh swimming during pregnancy is amazing, it feels so good!

I am going to be 28 weeks tomorrow. People are finally starting to notice I am pregnant, so I can't hide it anymore :D I have gained about 20lbs so far but I started off fairly lean so I am probably going to gain 35-40lbs which is fine by me because I know I need the reserves for nursing. Otherwise I am just really exhausted. Still lifting 2-3x per week. Should be doing more walking/cardio but I just can't find the time since we are also in the process of moving.

• hesn92
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I just saw this article on scary mommy that says pregnancy is more physically demanding than running a marathon lol :D

https://www.scarymommy.com/pregnancy-marathon-endurance-athlete/?utm_source=FB

I don't know how i feel about that. I think I'd rather be pregnant than run a marathon.