thank you

Options
annalobdell
annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
I think this group is a wonderful idea. So many of us struggle with emotional issues that can really hamper weight loss. I struggle with emotional eating daily. I shame myself every day for it which just keeps encouraging the behavior. Thank you for this group.

Replies

• TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!

I'm sorry it's hitting you hard, but you really need to understand that our generations are dealing with an issue that people ...even from before the depression didn't have. We have too much food and it is everywhere.
    Every celebration, every work appreciation, every dinner date, weddings, funerals, birthdays, fourth of July, Valentines, New Years. What is the one common ground? Food.
    So it's natural that our minds would correlate food with feeling better, and then it doesn't.
    Personally I have borderline Personality Disorder which is the 'Raw emotional state' disorder. After I binge...I feel ten times worse. I want to feel full and happy and like I'm surrounded with my family again, but it's not possible when I'm sitting in a room by myself.

I think separating what you want to happen from what is going to happen is the first step to stopping emotional eating.
    I still have problems at night but just remember to stand up, dust off your knees, and restart on your goals immediately. :)