Fasting support/buddy

Options
d_dc_lady
d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
Hello fellow Keto-ers,

I have been wanting to do an extended fast, 36-48 hours, but the only thing holding me back is fear. I've done 24 hours a couple times and it was okay. Now I want to get the full benefits of autophagy, plus I want to feel like I am getting a good "reset", if that makes sense.

Is anyone out there doing a fast this week or has done a longer fast and can be a support? It's rather last minute, but I am hoping to start my fast today at 12:00pm EST and end on Thursday 12:00pm EST.

Replies

• ruffneckred
    ruffneckred Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello, I found your post when I searched extended fasting. My apologies if the time gap makes this post a waste of your time. I am keto, although my own version as my ability to control anxiety eating is sometimes an issue. I have had success getting my weight down, although it has gained some back. I like the idea of fasting/autophagy and tried a 40ish hour fast. Did the fast ok, but after I felt like I ate too much and got off track. Fast forward to my recent adventure in fasting. Did 80 hours, went well, although the last 8 hours, I either was suffering from a bit of brain fog, lethargy, and hunger... or my mental demons wanted me to eat... but I made it too the 80 hour goal. From there it went haywire. I should have researched how to break a fast. I had some mixed nuts, not a lot but a few handfuls, mostly peanuts but almonds, cashews and pecans too. While snacking on them I cooked some beef/pork sausage that was self made with some spicyness. Made 4 eggs, with some red pepper flakes, had some pepper jack cheese on the side and put some mild cheddar on top the eggs. This all went fine, then I had some el cheapo beef sticks from menards.... I bore you with all this because I am trying to determine if my parade of trips to the bathroom can be explained. The el cheapo beef stick are my suspect #1 as they did not go through me well when I had some before.