Welcome! Please Introduce Yourself!

Options
auntsammy88
auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
Please take a minute to tell us about yourself, your MFP journey, and your spiritual journey.

Replies

• auntsammy88
    Options
    My name is Sam and I'm 24 years old. I have been married a little over a year to the love of my life and have one furbaby, Lady. I work as a Speech-Language Pathologist in an elementary school. My highest weight, in high school, was around 160lbs. My first year of college I lost down to 145 by not having a car or any of my mom's great cooking. I weighed around 140 when I started MFP. Through food logging and exercise (Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30, yoga, and couch to 5k being the largest contributors), I made it to my goal weight of 125. I am currently trying to eat at maintenance level (1620 calories for me). My goal now is to continue toning my body and getting stronger and healthier.

My Testimony (read at my relatively recent Baptism) tells my spiritual story. I have created this group as a way to deepen my relationship with the God who loves me so much:

I've always wanted a relationship with God, but always had an excuse for not pursuing one. It came down to one thing: FEAR. I feared the judgments of people and of God for not making the “right decisions”.When my grandmother, a devout follower of Jesus, died, I decided to give God a chance. A year later,I was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism and my fear overtook me many times. Through prayer, the moments of anxiety passed. As I studied the Bible, I realized that Jesus is not a judgmental monster who condemns sinners to the fiery pits of hell. Jesus is a healer, the ultimate defender of the underdog, and most importantly, proof that God loves me enough to die for me. I have chosen to be baptized as a symbol of my belief in that love and my dedication to following the example of Christ. Jesus has turned my fear into faith.
  • TheRealAugustina
    TheRealAugustina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

I'm Augustina and new to the MyFitnessPal community. I saw this group and knew I had to join! I believe in the power of prayer and ultimately the power of God and the amazing things he can do in our lives when we put him first!

I have struggled with my weight since I was 3 years old and recently went through lap band surgery, only to have it taken out after 5 weeks due to medical complications. I went through an immense depression after I had the band removed because I was really hoping it'd help aid me and help be that tool that I needed to lose this weight. When that went awry, I felt hopeless with this battle.

I made a promise to God that I'd try this process again w/o surgery or weight loss pills or anything crazy like that. I need to hold up my end of the promise and start actually doing. For whatever reason it is, I just can't seem to get ahold of myself and settle down and just 'do it'. I'm hoping that getting involved with these only communities and continuing to blog on my site www.TheRealAugustina.com, will help be a support system for me. I'm only 26 and feel aches and pains in my body already... the only time to do this is the present time.

If you would please say a prayer for my strength to start this journey, it'd be so very much appreciated. Thank y'all for hearing me out.

Much love,

Augustina
  • Erithil
    Erithil Posts: 52
    Options
    Sam - thank you so much for making this group! I am excited to be improving my spiritual fitness along with my physical. In the past I have often focused on many things besides God, basically making things like appearance or entertainment my idols, and now that I'm getting serious about being healthier I was a little worried about losing my focus again. But God is always holding my hand, even when I forget He is there. <3
    So anyway, I'm pretty excited about this group =D

My name on here is Erithil, because I thought that was pretty and I'm not quite sure about giving my real name away (my dad studied computer programming while he was in the Navy, and is always cautioning me about being careful with what information I give away on the internet, because of stalkers and identity thieves. Maybe if I take a similar class in college I will learn what is safe to offer, but for now I'm going to be careful.)

I've grown up in a Christian home and was baptized as a baby. My parents are wonderful. I have one sister, and we've both been homeschooled our whole lives because we moved a lot and also because many school systems are pretty anti-Christianity. This June I graduated from our sizeable co-op of homeschoolers (400+ students, 70 graduates this year) and I'm starting a community college next Monday (:frown: ). I'm hoping to find a way to enjoy the college experience but also not get into a ton of debt.

I love reading, drawing, writing, animals, food, sports, being outdoors, and I love God, although not as much as He deserves, and nowhere near how much He has shown His love to me. <3

I am quiet in real life, because I have a silly, troublesome time articulating myself face to face with others, unless they are close friends. But when I write I am able to think things through better and say what I mean, and I find myself to be quite wordy. (:

I'm new here (joined less than a week ago), and I'm losing weight to be healthier (I'm the heaviest I've ever been at this point in my life). I only need to lose about 10-20lbs, but I'm glad to be part of this online community! It is fun and inspiring.

I'm hoping to grow in my prayer life and in my active love for God. Many times I find myself being just a "meh" Christian, and I know that is not good. So I'm all for this spiritual fitness! :D

(and also I'm really happy to find Christian friends on here :smile: )

:heart:
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Welcome to the group Augustina and Erithil! I look forward to seeing your posts about your daily reading. I'm so excited about beginning this group to give and receive support in our spiritual fitness journeys. I will definitely pray for both of you as you work toward a healthier you (mind, body, and spirit).

Love,
    Sam
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Welcome to any new members of the group and welcome back to any old members who would like to join in! I am now 26 and still on my physical and spiritual journeys. Please introduce yourself here!