Anyone tried Barres workout?

Options
eso2012
eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
I did it for 4 weeks. Not a great programme at the studio but overall I like the concept and have tried a few online.
Your experience? Any good site or videos to recommend? TIA!

Replies

• danamarich
    danamarich Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have not tried Barres yet so I couldn't say one way or another.

But my favourite youtube channel for pilates is Blogilates- the instructor has lots of different videos ranging from 5min to 30min.

I find she sets up the routine in a way that challenges me more than if I'm working by myself. (It's all mat-based classes but she has some cardio videos too)

Hope this helps :)
  • eso2012
    Options
    I have reviewed Blogilates intro video and found that her info was inaccurate. Coming from a professional studio training background, I was actually shocked at her explanation re: imprint (which she said is the Pilates mat work position, incorrect!), or not providing more info about the power house apart from "sucking your belly button in".

Just confused why you mentioned Blogilates when I am asking if anyone has done Barres? Does Blogilates have Barres too? I don't believe she is certified for Barres, or is she (now)?

Thanks
  • danamarich
    danamarich Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Apparently I misread the "Any good site or videos to recommend?" - I was just giving what I had experienced.
  • eso2012
    Options
    Apparently I misread the "Any good site or videos to recommend?" - I was just giving what I had experienced.

ah,I was referring to Barres. Check out Ballet Beautiful ...maybe something that tickles your fancy? I downloaded the book...but not sure if I really want to sign up...find it a bit pricey for something I am not totally commmited to yet. Thanks, talk soon!