Debating trying my ground beef diet again

Options
For two weeks. Last time I did it, the weight sort of fell off. It was all beef and black coffee, lol.

It would mean eating a pound and half of 85/15 ground beef daily though. May have to include some steak.

Replies

• annw6
    annw6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Why? Doesn’t sound enjoyable and it’s only a short term fix that, I think, would possibly only mainly lose you water weight?
    Nutrient levels would be awful.
    Why not just lower your carbs and look at making your low carb food intake a way of life?
    Personally I love being low carb - 50g or lower, good full fats and med protein.
  • cricketpower
    cricketpower Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    For two weeks. Last time I did it, the weight sort of fell off. It was all beef and black coffee, lol.

It would mean eating a pound and half of 85/15 ground beef daily though. May have to include some steak.

The pure simplicity of carnivore was one of my favorite things about it. All of the mental debate about "what to eat" is out the window, and my mind opened up to thinking about so many other things each day. It's an experience one can't really imagine until they've done it themselves.

I think most of us know that your nutrient levels would not be awful. My health soared. My nails grew long & strong. My list of "symptoms" became fewer and fewer. I got lean and felt stronger without even lifting weights.

If I could eat beef and black coffee all day and feel like that again ~ I'd be all over it. So I say, "why not?"

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Curious as to:
    1)why @cricketpower "can't " any more since such a beautiful pic of mental and physical health is painted past tense and
    2) why @nicsflyingcircus, are you contemplating doing it again. Just for the weight to fall off or did you enjoy it? I would guess if you found it favorable/ beneficial it would be a daily/life long thing?

It might be interesting to try but I don't think I'll be vegan or carnivore anytime soon. That's just me. I guess I've given each some passing thought but it lasted for only about a day...or a meal.

• cricketpower
    Options
    Well, I didn't use the word "can't" ... because it's entirely possible that I can ~ again, someday.

What ended it for me, for the time being, was a combination of 1) histamine intolerance, and 2) a series of temporary, major life stresses and changes which are necessary ~ but have impacted my ability to take the best care of myself over the past several months. I could elaborate here with some deep science and musings ... but I don't think anyone really cares all that much. Lol.

I think the histamine intolerance is the real kitten in my story. I got to the point where I just couldn't eat beef anymore at all ~ and even wondered about a beef allergy. It happens. {shrug} Instead I just pretty much quit eating beef. Carnivore sucks without beef.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I am mostly carnivore and got there with a few beef or all animal challenges. I did it, found I felt better and that weight loss was easier then carbs would creep in because they taste good and are a bit easier. I still include carbs every week or so for that reason, but I feel better without them, which was a really weird thing to finally admit. ;)

My guess is that you will lose some water. Dropping from 30g to almost zero carbs is still quite a difference if it is not the norm. I still lose and regain water when I eat some carbs. I had some brussel sprouts and wine last night and i feel it today. But, that could just be me. :)

Two weeks of beef won't hurt. The only thing I would watch out for is if you are the type to binge after feeling deprived - if that is how it feels for you. I know the first time I went carnivore I did that and regained a couple. Eventually it became my norm and evenings with wine and sprouts are now the rarity. ;)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I am mostly carnivore and got there with a few beef or all animal challenges. I did it, found I felt better and that weight loss was easier then carbs would creep in because they taste good and are a bit easier. I still include carbs every week or so for that reason, but I feel better without them, which was a really weird thing to finally admit. ;)

My guess is that you will lose some water. Dropping from 30g to almost zero carbs is still quite a difference if it is not the norm. I still lose and regain water when I eat some carbs. I had some brussel sprouts and wine last night and i feel it today. But, that could just be me. :)

Two weeks of beef won't hurt. The only thing I would watch out for is if you are the type to binge after feeling deprived - if that is how it feels for you. I know the first time I went carnivore I did that and regained a couple. Eventually it became my norm and evenings with wine and sprouts are now the rarity. ;)

Beef isn't deprivation, I could happily eat its various iterations daily, but my husband, not so much. Binge is not a concern
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    Enjoy. :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Good for you @nicsflyingcircus!! I lean to more carnivore too (still) after almost four years.

Actually this coming May will be four years since the first “Meativore May” challenge in this group I participated in and led me down this road! It’s where I realize that I do feel the best overall. I am like @nvmomketo where some veggie (and wine) carbs do sneak in on occasion, but primarily my food intake is from the animal kingdom.

I do have labs drawn annually, and they’re good every year! My cholesterol level, drawn last month, was 130, and triglycerides were 90. I believe I’m doing just fine!
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    KarlaYP wrote: »
    Good for you @nicsflyingcircus!! I lean to more carnivore too (still) after almost four years.

Actually this coming May will be four years since the first “Meativore May” challenge in this group I participated in and led me down this road! It’s where I realize that I do feel the best overall. I am like @nvmomketo where some veggie (and wine) carbs do sneak in on occasion, but primarily my food intake is from the animal kingdom.

I do have labs drawn annually, and they’re good every year! My cholesterol level, drawn last month, was 130, and triglycerides were 90. I believe I’m doing just fine!

I think I did the all animal april the next year. I NEVER would have tried it without this group... and Goat!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can’t believe that this would be available in this part of the world! And such a reasonable price too.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Wow, I can’t believe that this would be available in this part of the world! And such a reasonable price too.

Super yummy, I may go for it again! Only issue is my carbon footprint for this must be humongous. My conscience isn't bothering me enough on that to stop me though. I will be the main cause of global warming as shipments of kangaroo cross the ocean to get to my dinner table. :o
  • GFC781
    GFC781 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i might go find some beef and join u!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    The 30 days of nothing but ground beef that I did on here was really one of the best things I did. I try not to get too preachy about my filthy zerocarb ways, but it is amazing how it makes you feel.

Edit: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FIT_Goat

There's the blog. You'll need to be my friend to see it. I was getting way too much hate when it was visible to the public.

So, when I did straight ground beef and water and black coffee, I had the unholy *kitten*. I tried to ride it out, but regular carnivore or even keto doesn't do that to me and my *kitten* was killing me.
  • cricketpower
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    There's a lot of kittens in your post, but I think you're talking about poop and bums.

:D