Weekly Post 18/02/2019 - 24/02/2019

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,957 Member
Good morning all!
Hope everybody is staying warm! We were supposed to get a little snow last night and we got nothing! No complaints LOL.
Today is a holiday for us. Looking forward to relaxing.
Have a great day! See you soon. :)

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

Hope your week is off to a nice one! It was nice having yesterday off as a vacation day. We did some shopping, otherwise relaxed most of the day.

I am feeling a little under the weather. Dealing with a sore throat that for now has just remained as that and hasn't progressed any further to a cold. We shall see. Fingers crossed. Going to drink a lot of tea today and fluids.

Have a good day and see you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Morning people!

Sore throats are going around over here too Meghan, I’ve been lucky, but the parents have it. Try adding slice of garlic and lemon to hot water! Feel better :*

I’m feeling sore lately, the knee the hip... is it age? I’m blaming it on walking in the snow... all that uneven slush twisting my legs on each step!

It’s a soup day... but the husband wants beef simmered for 3 hours with gravy & the fixings for dinner! Hmmm.... the weather calls for it, so maybe a good idea for today!

Good luck to anyone who’s fasting today!!!!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @Meghan509 I hope you are feeling better! I love three day weekends. Sometimes you just need one extra day. :)

@mamainthekitchen I hope your feet dried out! Look at it as a chance to buy new boots! Your dinner sounds yummy!

We got 4-5 inches of snow yesterday. Of course it hit at the end of the school day, so buses were all at least 15 minutes late. Plus it took three times as long to get home. WHERE IS SPRING?!?! Off to huddle under blankets and do homework. At least I have an extra three days off since we have conferences. :p
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Thanks, my sore throat has eased up a little. Unfortunately now it has moved on to my nose. Not stuffy thankfully, just been blowing my nose here and there. I guess I picked something up somewhere. UGH. Trying to be careful not to infect my guy with it. Stupid germs!

Been feeling kinda lousy lately with my hip and back issues. Dealing with some more pain in that area this week. Been taking my meds and that helps. We had a nice soup for dinner last night. That helps too!

Today we are expecting one to three inches of snow, starting in the mid afternoon. Hoping our office will let us go a little early, so we can avoid the rush hour if it is coming down.

Stay warm everybody! Spring is around the corner. Or at least that's what that silly groundhog said. :D

See you soon. Have a great day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning. Hope all is well. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday all.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Happy Friday Meg!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Dagnabbit! I posted yesterday, but it didn't take! I don't remember what I said, so just imagine something witty and kind and inspiring. ;)
    I was reading an article about addiction and something struck me. They said that you create an addiction by what you think about something in the moment. For instance, if you eat after stress, then the relief that you feel becomes associated with the eating. But if you start consciously choosing something else, like a walk or yoga, then the association changes. You can also start associating eating with something negative, like doing the dishes. I thought it was interesting.
    I hope you all have a great weekend! I got my house cleaned and now I am going to get a big chunk of my To Do list done!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    LOL kate!!

It’s the Oscar’s people!! ..... it really is this time!!

Taking a flight over Vancouver harbour tomorrow for 30th anniversary! Then drinks & dinner!!! Not fasting this week!!!! But boy oh boy, do I need to start back on a strict schedule after all this celebrating!!!!!!!!