Low Carb md podcast

Options
nvmomketo
nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
The Low Carb md is a relatively new podcast that I'm enjoying. I think it is worth checking out.

http://lowcarbmd.com

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this.
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thanks a few of my YouTube favs in a podcast. I like listening to podcasts while I'm driving
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    KarlaYP wrote: »
    Thank you for posting! I’m enjoying this!

Also, I do think that Keto is making its way around the medical community as a legitimate way of eating (finally!). Three years ago I mentioned to my surgeon that I was eating this way and his response was, “You need to eat a balanced diet.” When I saw him in January he asked me how I was keeping the weight off and I told him with a ketogenic diet, and his response was positive and surprised that I was able to keep carbs that low. I did remind him that I’ve been doing it for four years and he was sort of speechless. Then he just said to keep doing what I’m doing because it’s working for the weight management!

It really is more mainstream. More often than not now I am surprised by people telling me that they are doing keto rather than by being told that I am hurting myself. LOL

Actually, I have found myself being surprised that some people don't know the science and results from keto and get surprised by doctors writing (what now appears to be incorrectly) about cholesterol, fibre, antioxidants and a host of other things. It's kind of nice that the word is getting out. :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I am running into people who have been doing 10 years locally and more and more doctors start with Keto for Type 2 new patients before they hit them with meds if just prediabetic. I do think things are turning at MD level. Most know we are running out of healthcare $$$ in this country or for many important things. There are 2-3 new keto threads popping daily it seems and the new people hear more and more positive things from other members. Got into an hour positive discussion at the dentist office waiting room last week.
  • MAJdansk
    MAJdansk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just listened to the first podcast. Fantastic. As a nurse, I really appreciate the candid remarks about Big Pharma influencing their practice (throwing drugs at medical conditions)...but now evidence (low carb and lifestyle changes), from their own experience and their patients, is their practice model.

Thanks for the recommendation 👍
  • sun_cat
    sun_cat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. It's very helpful.
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    We'll know it's gone mainstream when there are more promoters than detractors on the MFP main!