Gold's Gym Body Scan

CarolynRSB
CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
Hey there! I joined Gold's Gym last week (so far worked out FIVE times and feeling good!), and my membership includes a monthly body scan, which includes weight, fat/lean mass, and all measurements. My appointment is for tomorrow. Has anyone had this, and what were your thoughts? I like the idea of getting this done to see my progress, but don't know what to expect.

Thanks!

Replies

• qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    I do them twice a month (16th and 31st/1st) and they are solid for giving you a clear picture of where your progress is happening. Be sure to wear tight clothing for the scan and fast if possible so you can establish a true baseline number. Early morning scans are usually better. It's also important to try to do them at exactly 30 days monthly to monitor progress and make needed changes.

This is a good thing you are doing to truly monitor your progress. Too often folks get down over a bathroom scale telling them a generic number regarding their success or not but in no way will this ever show a true picture. What is often missed is that if you are replacing fat mass with lean mass that is actually a great thing although the bathroom scale might be saying 0. So much better to use clothing/pictures if you don't have access to a scan.

I think you will like the data and the real picture of what is going on month to month.
  • CarolynRSB
    Awesome, thank you for the insight and endorsement! I have a 5pm appointment, but that's when I could fit it in my schedule this time around. I'll keep the eating to a minimum tomorrow, though there is a farewell party at work for a colleague, so I'll likely have a glass of wine several hours prior. And yes, I am really excited about getting a more in depth look at my body composition. It's hard to track the true progress of my limbs, as I feel like I never measure quite the same spot consistently, which can cause varied results.
  • CarolynRSB
    Got the scan, and while I couldn't say I loved most of those measurements, I was happy that my body fat % was a few points lower than I was anticipating! I'm hoping to keep up with going to the gym 5x a week minimum, and look forward to seeing where things are on my next scan in one month!
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Great that you got some baseline numbers. The nice thing is you now know if there are any imbalances on the body and where to put a little extra work into. The biggest thing is you have a real guide now of what is happening in the numbers. If you are building lean mass and dropping fat your BF% will show results which is what matters vs. most folks living and dying over no movement on a $10 bathroom scale.
  • CarolynRSB
    Exactly! I'm thinking of this as a monthly accountability appointment.