Hello

Options
Good day everyone, today marks my first full week of a low carb pescatarian diet. Coming for a daily intake of almost 75% carbs I’m keeping my intake now around 20-25 so far I think I’m doing pretty well.
I’d love suggestion on recipes and recommend snacks. Nice to meet everyone

Replies

• qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Welcome. The good news is that at 20-25% you can likely keep most of your favorite foods/recipes. Just stick to serving sizes and use moderation and most will fit. A food scale and measuring cups/spoons will help make this easy. For example: If you are accustom to 3 servings of rice take it down to one and add an avocado (fat) and a little more fish (protein) to the plate to balance it out. Just watch out for the added liquid carbs like sugary sodas as those are easy to lose track of.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Assuming all seafood is acceptable, try smoked oysters and clams. Pretty good. Look for ones in olive oil instead of the more commonly found seed oil varieties.
    Sardines and mackerel would be handy for you to keep around too.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I see you live in Florida. Lots of nice, nutritious fish there! I'm in NC and likely eat more fish than beef or pork or chicken but am not pescatarian. We eat most of our fish pan fried in a little browned butter /olive oil. Most fresh fish needs nothing more.

I did make a piccata a couple nights ago. DH brought home ribbon fish and I really don't care for it. It is high in omega 3s but also high in fishy taste. :# (IMO). For less favorable fish I usually make a piccata or veracruz. Or a curry or masala. Many recipes on line. If you don't mind hot: Shah, Eastern and MDH make some tasty prepared seasoning packets. I'm sure they're not all spicy hot but most I've purchased are.

Penzy's has some interesting seasonings. My current favorite is Northwoods Fire.
    The recipe found on line for Emeril's Bayou Blast is really tasty IMO.
    I'll often make a blackened fish with that.
    I think a Za'atar is good on most fish. Sort of lemony.

I cap my daily carbs around 100 or fewer. That allows for many things including potatoes. This recipe is our new favorite. OMG it is delicious!

https://lidiasitaly.com/recipes/grouper-with-peppers-and-potatoes/