To Keto or not to Keto THAT is the question

Options
lia85013
lia85013 Posts: 30 Member
edited February 2019 in Social Groups
Many people find themselves asking this question. Should I Keto?
So today I was at a restaurant and our server a 25 year old male (age volunteered by the server by the way) said he has been in Keto for about 5 months. He lost 50lbs so far and he is still doing Keto. My husband has lost 21lbs in almost 2 months, and I have lost 18lbs in 2 months.

How many times have you heard these amazing stories about Keto Diet? Many I am sure. So should you start a Keto Diet given all these wonderful stories? The answer is not that simple.

Keto is a very strict diet only allowing a max of 20grams of carbs daily, 70-75 % of your diet should be fats and about 10 to 15% protein. This is the formula that has helped me and my husband to lose weight, and so far so good.
So taking these numbers into consideration and one more important fact SUGAR, you should be on your way to a closet full of small and extra small size clothing.

Keto is hard for some and a breeze for others. If you are a sugar junkie this won’t be easy, but only in the beginning. If you can’t do without sugar, you will cheat, and there is your first problem. If you are a bread eater, you will have a hard time with this diet, but only in the beginning. As you learn what is carb and what is fat or protein you will probably also learn how to substitute the good old pizza for a healthier, more nutritious pizza made with an alternative flower.
As you truly follow the diet the correct way you will inevitably lose weight.

Many Keto dieters are frustrated and upset about following the diet to the T and after loosing 10lbs or more they seem to be on a stand still weight loss. This is known as Keto plateau.
There are so many reasons why you are unable to lose weight, so the first thing to do is to make sure you understand the variables involved in a Keto plateau. The answer is never “this doesn’t work” and never ever “I am quitting”.

Every little cheat is a lb against your goal, it’s like taking 1 step forward and 2 backwards.
Yes, this is the way our bodies respond to one little bite off of a doughnut. That’s the way it works when you eat 30g of carbs instead of 20g.

No rice, no potatoes, no sweet potatoes, no fruits unless they are berries and careful with blueberries. Fructose is bad for you, so no fruits is the best way to go.

No root vegetables, and no sweet peas. Use high fiber vegetables such as green beans and asparagus. Eat fatty meats such as lamb, fatty steaks like prime rib. Eat soups made with marrow bones. Consume cheese without sugar. (ask the deli attendant for the list of meats and cheeses made without sugar) You’d be surprise how many deli meats and cheeses are made with sugar. Most prepackaged deli meats and cheeses contain sugar.
Buy organic heavy cream and use it with coffee, tea, or make a smoothie with strawberries and a sweetener of your choice. This helps when your fat consumption falls short in a given day.

If you are in a plateau start fasting. It is easy when you are in ketosis, you are probably eating no more than twice a day.
Start fasting the night before, stop eating at around 7pm and don’t eat until 10am next morning. If you go longer is even better.
Drink plenty of water every day, and if you feel hunger eat, eat something with fat like a piece of bacon. That will help you stay on ketosis.

So what’s the answer to Keto or not to Keto? I would answer yes. But only if you make a full commitment to take on this new life style. Set small goals such 3 lbs this week, or 6lbs this month. Don’t make big commitments such as 20 lbs in the next 30, take baby steps.

Keto Diet is a different kind of diet, so if you have medical conditions I would recommend looking for a Keto dietitian or physician to help you with the transition. Don’t do it on your own. Watch dr. Bosworth videos on YouTube, she has a true story about her mother’s fight with cancer and the Ketogenic diet. She has been my inspiration to doing the Keto Diet and I hope she will be yours too.
If you need a Keto buddy add me to your friends and ask me any questions you might have.

Thanks for reading and See you all soon!!