Bad habits

Options
mmultanen
mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
I know, I shouldn't estimate two tablespoons but I do it all the time. Tonght I made myself measure out two level table spoons of peanut butter and mayo....

And I've been SHORTING MYSELF.

>_<

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It happens when we don’t actually measure that we do short ourselves sometimes! I’ve found that to be the case for myself too! I’m one who hasn’t had to be perfectly accurate with logging and knowing the macro content of every tbsp of mayo that I eat. I do know that many people are, and that’s fine for them. I just try not to stress about it so much and it’s worked for me for four years so I’m not changing now!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Go you for measuring!!!
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I actually even like to weigh things more than measuring because if you are going off of grams you can totally get every last gram of peanut butter (or whatever) that you are owed....LOL.

I especially like weighing my salad dressing since that's another thing that's easy to over or underestimate.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »
    I actually even like to weigh things more than measuring because if you are going off of grams you can totally get every last gram of peanut butter (or whatever) that you are owed....LOL.

I especially like weighing my salad dressing since that's another thing that's easy to over or underestimate.

Yeah, I do this too especially with peanut butter and salad dressings. I can easily overdo it on the nuts and then I have to figure out what to eat the rest of the day to keep the carb levels within reason. The only things I don't measure are salt and pepper but I even measure other seasonings if I'm creating a recipe and need to calculate serving sizes once it's complete. All those little things add up.