Motivated in March

Options
barbhat13
barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
no net weight loss so far this year but March has 3 great things happening
1. Lent. a time of sacrifices in area of nutritional discipline plus other stuff
2. Day light saving time! more daylight to run and bike
3. Triathalon training sessions in area start up again.
March Goals
1. lose 3 pounds
2. no eating in living room
3. develop home routine of exercises ...squats,planks,weights,bands

4. safe open water race in wetsuit ( one mile swim in Gulf of Mexico)
5. bike distance up to 20 miles
g55djxsfo8k2.jpg

Replies

• tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I've not been meeting my measly 4000 steps per day goal, but at least for February, I'm solidly into the 3s! I'm changing my goal for March, to average 500 steps a day with the little dog. When he had surgery earlier this year, he weighed 1.5# more than he did 9 months previous, and he was a little chunky then! We've made some changes to his diet and he's lost a pound, down to 16#. He should really weigh 13-14#, so I'm focusing on his health this month. Increasing his activity will also increase mine, but since it's a "group goal" I think I'll be more motivated to keep it.
  • barbhat13
    Options
    my cat weighs more than your dog! she follows me if i run or walk from my house so sometimes i end up walking her back a few times8hrmvz4vzb0q.jpg
  • barbhat13
    Options
    instead of Fat Tuesday, i am having a fat Tuesday week!
  • tress29
    Options
    Our late Houdini used to walk with us when we walked the dogs. Kids would always ask us if we knew there was a cat following us!it3z7vaiorc9.jpg
  • barbhat13
    Options

March Goalsupdate
    1. lose 3 pounds nope due to sweet tea instead of diet coke
    2. no eating in living roomhave fallen down on this but just the past few days
    3. develop home routine of exercises ...squats,planks,weights,bandsworking on this
    4. safe open water race in wetsuit ( one mile swim in Gulf of Mexico)good race!
    5. bike distance up to 20 milesup to 12 miles so far. [/b
    vl5tnrdy2vdh.jpg

• barbhat13
    Options
    gained over 3 pounds drinking sweet tea instead of diet coke but finally got rid of that new habit so losy0.4 pounds loss overall

still eating in living room but 50% better on not eating after work!

way behind on triathalon training. first and hardest race will be in 20 days!
  • tress29
    Options
    I lost one whole pound in March! But I think I've finally got a better handle on the "stop snacking" thing! I bought a Country Zumba DVD to try something new...