March 2019 Monthly WL Challenge

Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hey @Daynacrd , congratulations on your son's graduation. How wonderful that you got to be there!

Step one when you go off plan is just to acknowledge it! And given this was a special occasion, maybe you are just acknowledging you just were not committed to interrupting all that with your optimal plan.

As for being off plan for months now -- it has looked like you were might be more in maintenance mode of late.

So would it work to tackle this in baby steps? Maybe pick something doable -- not the whole plan, but a small part of it (think 10%) -- and work on that. Then when you have some momentum going on that (say a whole week or two of eating on plan for breakfast), add another little bit.

Is there anyone whose writing/videos inspire you to work on these things? I am a big James Clear fan. He gets me excited when he talks about the fact that if you can get one percent better each day, you get much better (37 times better) over a year:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_nzqnXWvSo

Also: https://jamesclear.com/how-to-get-motivated

Anyway, hang in there!
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    @Daynacrd - Hey, it happens. You CAN pick yourself up and go at it again. The major event of your son's graduation is over, time to get serious again. As has been suggested pick something small and start there, and keep at it until it's habit, then move on to the next thing, and build yourself back up.

You asked what I'm doing. I eat 3 serving of fruit and 3 of vegetables, 3 servings of fat, 9-10 1 oz servings of protein, 3 servings carbohydrates, and one serving of dairy. I also drink primarily water. And I exercise a good deal. That's it. Nothing special.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Name: Erin Maelyn

My Numbers:
    SW: 357 (4/2010)
    CW: 310
    GW: 299
    LTGW: 157

Weigh ins: Sundays
    3/3/19 = 309.2 (-0.8)
    3/10/19 = 301.2 (-8.0)
    3/17/19 = 295.0 (-6.2)
    3/24/19 = 289.4 (-5.6)
    3/31/19 =

Total WL/G for the month= WL 15
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    @Daynacrd First congratulations! You must be so proud. Second, I’m with Austin, pick a small change to make over the next week, next week add to that change. It’s a huge part of what I do and I’ve had more success than I ever would have thought I could. Also I find that figuring out what is pulling me off track helps too and fix the things I can. Feel free to friend me and hang in there, you’ve got this.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Name: Austin

My Numbers:
    SW: 265.2
    CW (02/25): 150.4
    GW: 145 (BMI will hit Normal)
    LTGW: 140 (will look at new goal when I get there)

Weigh ins: Mondays
    Start (02/25): 150.4
    3/04: 146.2
    3/11: 145.3
    3/18: 142.4
    3/25: 141.1
    4/1: (maybe use this as both last weigh-in for March, first for April?)

WL/G for month to date: 9.3 lost
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    SO excited to be back and looking forward to jumping in on the April challenge. Thanks, Malia, for keeping these going (and for still being here :smile: - always great to see familiar faces!)

45928675.png
  • Daynacrd
    Daynacrd Posts: 210 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement. It was surely a celebritory weekend and mile stone in my sons academic and achievement bucket list. I did pretty well today although I struggled with water. I only had about 80 ounces. But I was going to try intermittent fasting where I eat from 12 to 8 and nothing after. I still taking little to no carbs. 2 allowable fruits a day and 4 ozs vegetables twice today and 4 ounces of allowable protein on my omnitrition program. I was in maintenance, you are right, and I think I did pretty well for being in maintenance and being premenopausal. Only toggle back-and-forth 3 lbs BUT after a weigjt gain of 7 pounds. But I was 10 pounds from goal in October and since then have really only had to regain have 8 pounds. But, since I still haven’t reached my immediate initial long-term goal I still count that as a loss. If I get right back on track I will get down those 10 pounds and be once again between seven and 8 pounds from my long-term goal weight! I GOT THIS! Who’s there for support and partnership?!?

yr0mf3iwe0at.jpeg
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Daynacrd wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement. It was surely a celebritory weekend and mile stone in my sons academic and achievement bucket list. I did pretty well today although I struggled with water. I only had about 80 ounces. But I was going to try intermittent fasting where I eat from 12 to 8 and nothing after. I still taking little to no carbs. 2 allowable fruits a day and 4 ozs vegetables twice today and 4 ounces of allowable protein on my omnitrition program. I was in maintenance, you are right, and I think I did pretty well for being in maintenance and being premenopausal. Only toggle back-and-forth 3 lbs BUT after a weigjt gain of 7 pounds. But I was 10 pounds from goal in October and since then have really only had to regain have 8 pounds. But, since I still haven’t reached my immediate initial long-term goal I still count that as a loss. If I get right back on track I will get down those 10 pounds and be once again between seven and 8 pounds from my long-term goal weight! I GOT THIS! Who’s there for support and partnership?!?

Dayna, what a great picture! Your son is so handsome, and you look great! Congratulations on his graduation. It sounds like you have your plan. You can do this!

• overeatingperfectionist
    Options
    Hey since I am new to the group I was just wondering what everyone was doing to lose the weight? I have been trying to keep a 1400 calorie diet and exercise as much as I can at least 5 days a week doing a variety of things like stationary bike, trampoline workouts, HIIT training, P90X and Insanity videos. Everyone is doing amazing!

Hey Gretchen, I'm also new to the group (you and others please feel free to add me as a friend - I need more!). I'm also sticking to around 1400 cal/day and getting in 10,000 steps/day on my fitbit. I really try to focus on my activity minutes to be 45 on my fitbit everyday too. Whatever steps I have left by dinner time, I go out and walk around the neighbourhood until I get them in. Good luck! :)
  • Daynacrd
    Options

Dayna, what a great picture! Your son is so handsome, and you look great! Congratulations on his graduation. It sounds like you have your plan. You can do this!

[/quote]

• Daynacrd
    Options
    83n4t37y8o3r.jpg
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Daynacrd wrote: »
    83n4t37y8o3r.jpg

Looking great! I love that outfit!
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Looking great Dayna!!! Sounds like you have a great plan to put in motion! I am always available for support <3 Sounds like we are doing similar meal plans, and I have stalled out a bit myself and could use some support >:) also Congrats on your Son's graduation!!!
  • 808malia
    Options
    emmerin78- Welcome back!!! hows the family life treating ya?
  • 808malia
    Options
    vbz4qka1a8vw.jpg
    Wasn't able to post my last weeks progress pic, so here it is! Haha!😜 #219 lbs
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    SW: 235.0
    CW: 204.2 (01 March)
    GW: 199.9
    LTGW: 135

Weigh ins: Thursdays
    3/07/19 = 203.0 (-1.2)
    3/14/19 = 201.2 (-1.8)
    3/21/19 = 199.8 (-1.4)
    3/28/19 = 197.6 (-2.2)

Total WL/G for the month = -6.6lbs

Feeling a bit torn with this result. I beat my goal, which is great, and on paper it looks good... but I also know that earlier in the week I was coming in up to a full pound lower. Hoping it’s just pre-ToM bloat & means I’ll see a good drop at the beginning of April!
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    kayfaei wrote: »
    Hi, guys, I'm quite new to the group but nothing like starting now right?
    Height: 5'11

My Numbers:
    HW:423 (Towards the end of 2015 going into 2016 I actually lost 100lbs and got to 321lbs. but then the holiday's happened and I just never really seemed to get back on track and gained 70lbs back :( )
    SW: 391
    CW: 384.2
    GW: 215 - I think..with my height, 215 might look good on my frame but I won't know until I get there.
    LTGW: 210-190

Weigh ins: Thursday's
    3/1/19 =
    3/7/19 = 391.6
    3/14/19 = -
    3/21/19 = 384.2
    3/28/19 =

I think I will start weighing myself every week instead of two weeks now.

Update: 3/28/19 =381.4
  • Daynacrd
    Options
    @808malia YOURE LOOKING GREAT! Thanks for the congrats - so proud of him. You can PM me anytime - or shoot me an email at DaynaCRD@msn.com. I'll be happy to give and have the support - we can share progress pics along the way :)
  • Daynacrd
    Options
    SW: 235.0
    CW: 204.2 (01 March)
    GW: 199.9
    LTGW: 135

Weigh ins: Thursdays
    3/07/19 = 203.0 (-1.2)
    3/14/19 = 201.2 (-1.8)
    3/21/19 = 199.8 (-1.4)
    3/28/19 = 197.6 (-2.2)

Total WL/G for the month = -6.6lbs

Feeling a bit torn with this result. I beat my goal, which is great, and on paper it looks good... but I also know that earlier in the week I was coming in up to a full pound lower. Hoping it’s just pre-ToM bloat & means I’ll see a good drop at the beginning of April!

YOU MADE IT ! BE PROUD