TRIMSTONES - March 2019

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
WELCOME TRIMSTONES!!

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the March Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the March Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Steve - @steplaj (Group Owner, Moderator)
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (Moderator)
Maricela - @mari_moulin (Moderator)
Becky - @Beka3695 (Moderator)

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc , @MelissaFeagins and @steplaj
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @BMcC9 and @jugar
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @Beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @navydaddjtc
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @tess5036 and @Kres567
Team WaistAways - OPEN
Team Weight No More - @ihp2015 and @Mrsbell8well
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Shrinking Assets - @KelGen02

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

This Month’s Weekly Team Challenges provided by: (Team captains, please be ready with each weeks challenge...)
Week 1 – Team TBA
Week 2 - Team TBA
Week 3 - Team TBA
Week 4 - Team TBA

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Step Challenge - This is being discontinued for the month of March.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for MARCH. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    Jessicakrall8
    Friday weigh-in

PW: 303.5
    CW: 303.5
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    AmiC0717 wrote: »
    AmiC0717
    Friday Week 1 Weigh in
    PW 204.9
    CW 204.7
    If there was an eye roll emoji option I would use it :D however it counts as a loss so I'll take it!

Nope. Today is still February Week 4. March spreadsheet starts on Sunday 3/3/19

All Trimstoners, please post to February thread until then.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sandra. (new to the team) I'm 42, live in Scotland, married and have 1 son who will turn 13 on Sunday. A teenager...noooo! :lol:
    I joined mfp years ago, weighing 191lbs. I managed to get down to 140-143lb and kept the weight off for a long time. Due to the grief of my Mum passing away and other life events, I regained most of my hard earned weight loss over the course of a couple of years and ended up weighing in at 179.4lb at the start of this year.
    I decided that enough is enough. 2019 is going to be my year. The year that I get to my goal weight. (140) I'm back on track, and have lost 9.2lb so far. 9.2 down, 30.4 to go! ;)

Hey Sandra, welcome back. We are the Trimstones (ala Flintstones) after two teams were combined a few months back. Great to have a Scottish lassie onboard, I'll try to read your posts with a Scottish brogue. Your story is very familiar, I too gave back a bunch of weight loss due to a tough life event. Glad you are hitting "reset" and getting on with it! I and @jessicakrall8 serve as team captains. All I ask is your participation and prompt weigh-ins. A recommendation on a good scotch might be useful too ;)
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel

Welcome to the group! 🤗 Just curious, do you lift?
  • rustychord
    rustychord Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bsgraham10
    Friday
    PW 249
    CW 248
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Sandra. (new to the team) I'm 42, live in Scotland, married and have 1 son who will turn 13 on Sunday. A teenager...noooo! :lol:
    I joined mfp years ago, weighing 191lbs. I managed to get down to 140-143lb and kept the weight off for a long time. Due to the grief of my Mum passing away and other life events, I regained most of my hard earned weight loss over the course of a couple of years and ended up weighing in at 179.4lb at the start of this year.
    I decided that enough is enough. 2019 is going to be my year. The year that I get to my goal weight. (140) I'm back on track, and have lost 9.2lb so far. 9.2 down, 30.4 to go! ;)

Hey Sandra, welcome back. We are the Trimstones (ala Flintstones) after two teams were combined a few months back. Great to have a Scottish lassie onboard, I'll try to read your posts with a Scottish brogue. Your story is very familiar, I too gave back a bunch of weight loss due to a tough life event. Glad you are hitting "reset" and getting on with it! I and @jessicakrall8 serve as team captains. All I ask is your participation and prompt weigh-ins. A recommendation on a good scotch might be useful too ;)

Thanks @mulecanter ! Participation and prompt weigh ins I shall do! I actually gave up alcohol at the start of the year. 8 + weeks alcohol free! :bigsmile:
    Options
    mustb60 wrote: »
    @Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel

Welcome to the group! 🤗 Just curious, do you lift?

Thanks @mustb60 ! I did lift when I was a gym member, but had to give up my membership due to health issues. I've only been doing the odd dumbbell workout at home recently. I miss the gym! :cry:
    I'm having eye surgery on the 28th of this month (pre op on 13th) :grimace: After that is over and I've had time to heal up, I'll be getting my gym membership back and shall start lifting properly again! :smile:
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Team Weight No More's 7 Days of Positive Self Talk

kc5d9nj2kikd.png
    Self Improvement Activity
    Control Your Thinking

Have you ever noticed that your mind has a mind of its own? You and I were created this way on purpose. Our minds take the path of least resistance. So if we have thought it before, it will be the go to thought in the future. The way we change this automatic thinking is to first be very mindful of our thoughts as they are happening. Once we start doing this, we will notice how many negative thoughts we get daily. Write them down to help really become aware of how you are talking to yourself and
    then write a replacement in the form of a positive thought. Next, as you observe your negative self talk happening inside your head, replace it with the positive statement. It takes some time to unlearn those old bad habits but it is so worth the work. It will be some of the most rewarding work you have ever done.

Now go to your team thread and let them know your positive self talk. The more you say it the more you will believe

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    @JesusGirl62
    EDIT ACCESS HAS BEEN SENT TO YOU
  • JesusGirl62
    JesusGirl62 Posts: 9,682 Member
    Options
    Hey Team. Whoever wants to be part of the step challenge, please post below so I can get the sheet set up.
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hey Team. Whoever wants to be part of the step challenge, please post below so I can get the sheet set up.

I'll participate. That will be more reason to get moving!!!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    WEEK 1 MODS CHALLENGE
    BUILD A BETTER BREAKFAST

jrscw37vp5sk.png
    Mornings can be hectic and crazy. But no matter how rushed your morning gets, there’s one habit you absolutely shouldn’t ditch from your morning routine: eating breakfast.

Science shows that regular breakfast eaters tend to be leaner and dieters are more successful at losing weight—and keeping it off—when they eat breakfast.

Another breakfast benefit: research has found that eating a breakfast that contains slower-burning carbohydrates instead of faster-burning breakfast foods helps maintain concentration and attention throughout the morning. So reach for whole-grain carbs that contain fiber like whole-wheat toast and oatmeal over refined carbs like white bread or sugary cereals.

So what should you reach for to keep yourself going all morning long until lunch? Make sure your breakfast includes something from each of the food groups below for a balanced and energizing start to your day.

—Lisa Valente, M.S., R.D.

SO HERE IS HOW THIS GOING TO WORK ... YOU MUST INCORPORATE ONE THE 3 FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS
    WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO TAKE A PRE PREPPING AND POST FINISH PRODUCT PHOTO AND POST IT ON THE MODS CHALLENGE PAGE FOR ALL TO SEE.
    WE ALSO WOULD LIKE TO SHARE THE RECIPE THAT YOU USE SO WE CAN BUILD OUR RECIPE CATALOGS

1)Protein....Adding protein to your breakfast helps keep you fuller for longer. Good protein sources at breakfast include Greek yogurt, eggs and cottage cheese.FOR RECIPE IDEAS TRY THIS LINK
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/18666/nutrient-focused-diets/high-protein/breakfast/

2) Whole Grains.....Eat whole grains to help you stay sharp and focused throughout the morning. Whole grains are slower-burning carbs, so you don't digest them as quickly. Plus you’ll get some essential vitamins and minerals. Try oatmeal, whole-wheat toast or a whole-wheat English muffin.
    FOR RECIPE IDEAS TRY THIS LINK
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250916/breakfast-blueberry-oatmeal-cakes/

3)Fruit or Vegetables.....Getting your produce at breakfast isn't as hard as it seems. Choosing fruit or veggies gives your breakfast more vitamins, minerals and feel-full fiber. Try adding fruits to yogurt, a smoothie or eating them on the side of whatever else you're having. Go for green in a green smoothie or add some vegetables to your eggs.
    FOR RECIPE IDEAS TRY THIS LINK
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/251039/peanut-butter-jelly-smoothie/

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHALLENGE AS I HAVE TRIED TO CREATE SOMETHING NEW AND DIFFERENT FOR ALL OF YOU
    ENJOY GREG

Options

I'll participate :)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options

@JesusGirl62 Would you please add a line for Trimstones Steppers and place @Loriab901 in it. She wanted to take the place of "Astrue" who was listed in the wrong group, but before I could make the change, someone deleted that line. I've instructed Loriab901 to begin on the March sheet with the 3rd.

Thanks!
    Jessica
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    GM AND WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS...GREG HERE ONE OF THE MODERATORS...
    I AM HER TO REMIND YOU THAT THE MODERATORS HAS BEEN POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD PLEASE CHECK AND SNAP A PHOTO OR TOO AND SHARE IT WITH US AT.....https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10730390/week-1-mods-challenge-build-a-better-breakfast#latest

HAVE FUN WITH THIS CHALLENGE AND HAVE A GREAT MARCH
    GREG
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options

I'm in again. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.