Starting Keto

Options
13»

Replies

• qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My doctor just says keep doing what you are doing, the blood work, fat loss and muscle development proves what you are doing is right for your body. The standards of practice are an issue for doctors in the U.S. since it can open them up to all kind of liability if something goes wrong. It's why not many can acknowledge alternatives. When the big pharma wolf is dictating out standards of practice to the sheep you ain't winning if you don't take control of your own health.

Starting A1C: 7.1. Current: 5.1. Low carb/keto was a big part of this but even more important these days are timing of heavier carbs for muscle/exercise needs.

There is no one size fits all for ketosis on the high end which is why the 15-20 number is way way to generic. 30-40 are more realistic for semi-active people and way more sustainable. Ketone testing has had me as high as a 0.8 nutritional level on a 70 net carb day / 100 total a few times recently. Had a 1.0 at 85 net awhile back. Exercise/timing of carb loads are how. It's all good and not anything I target regularly. At the end of it all I just care that I am a fat burner vs a sugar burner.