The soreness...

Options
ibach08
ibach08 Posts: 61 Member
I did day 3 (week 1) today and my calves are really aching! Did anyone else experience this? And did it pass? I can easily run 10K without any pain in my legs and I blame all the jumping around in Insanity. So far I really "enjoy" the workouts - they get the job done, but I hope I don't continue to be this sore in my legs:(

Replies

• Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Do you have any protein shakes? I found that it tremendously helped with my soreness; it was hardly noticeable on the days I'd have one. If so, maybe you need to spend extra time stretching before and after, that always helps a bit, too.
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Or, it could have something to do with your form. I just started Insanity, but I have done similar work outs in the past. When I jump, my feet always want to land incorrectly. Watch the videos and make sure your feet and legs are in the right positions.
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It should go away after you finish week 1, at least that's about the time I was able to walk normally again! Plus throwing in a little bit of extra stretching won't hurt anything. I never could figure out why Shawn T skips any calf/Achilles stretches, so I always made sure to spend time on those after the cool down was over.
  • gsop22
    gsop22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree with jcdoerr. Sorness will be gone in about a week. Not sure if anything else will really help but time itelf to heal. I guess protein would be beneficial to help build muscle and stretching. Same thing happened to me. GL
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'll have soreness while doing the actual workout, but I haven't had any problems after. Then again, I take gelatin everyday... that may be helping me.
  • ibach08
    ibach08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good advice! I will definitely do some more stretching afterwards. I did the recovery workout today and I already feel better:)
  • Hjdavenport
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I did Week 4 day 1 yesterday and my calves hurt so bad I kept having to pause the video and stretch them. It was a very intense burning/ cramping in my shins and calves. This is the first week I've had this problem... Anyone else have this problem?
  • UnicornBaconsEsq
    Options
    i remember that the 3rd day of week one I was the most sore.

I took just a few days off because of work getting in the way and my calves felt tight and my muscles felt tired but I haven't been sore like I was the first day.

There were a few times where how to do a certain move sort of clicked and I was doing it with better form and the next day I ended up being pretty sore in the muscles I was using for that though. So through the last 3 and a half weeks I've had some sore spots but nothing like the first week when I could barely walk.