8 months on low carb, down 79 lbs

Options
LRLemon
LRLemon Posts: 51 Member
edited March 2019 in Social Groups
Began on a CICO (calories In Calories Out) diet in late Junebut quickly researched newest findings in weight loss, metabolic disorder, and carbs. Steadily lowered total carbs to 25 total carbs per day after viewing research papers on the effect of carbs and insulin on the metabolism. I'm more than halfway to a healthy weight and I'm feeling really good and steadily in ketosis. BIG revelations: I used to think that feeling satiated meant feeling full—feeling satiated is a new feeling; I do not crave sugar or bread (and bread was a huge weakness); I don't feel hungry very much but when I do I want a meal, not something quick.

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your commitment to yourself!! That is an awesome accomplishment!!

I’m so glad you researched this woe and found how it could work for you! Then a gradual reduction of carbohydrates instead of shocking your system all at once! And now you recognize true hunger with control over food you’d only ever heard about (and probably didn’t believe could really happen!)!!

I’m excited for you, and can’t wait to see your continued progress!!
  • Stew501
    Stew501 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Hoping for the same kind of results one day.
  • GFC781
    GFC781 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome Dedication!!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your health improvements! Thank you for sharing this with all of us. :smile:
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    congrats, I started lc in July and went down 30 lbs to my goal weight by October, can't believe it myself, feels great, I hardly ever eat bread or sugar, been a great way of eating for me.
  • MsZee1220
    MsZee1220 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Congratulations on the weight loss!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Good for you; fantastic progress!
  • footscrayvic
    footscrayvic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, 35kg (79lb) is fantastic. Congratulations!
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Very motivational! Thanks for sharing!