48 and back to try again..

Options
Haven't been around for a while, but I've realized I need to do this, so my goal is to get to my goal by the time I turn 50, which is a little over 2 years from now ( 8/31/21). I need to lose around 50lbs, but more importantly, I want to be healthy, I've made it this long not being on any medication or having any issues, and I'd like to keep it that way, but at the rate I'm going it's not going to stay that way. Right now I am 184 - I would like to get to 135-140ish, I'm only 5'3, so thats still over the "recommended weight", but I'm okay with that as long as I'm limber and have some endurance.. Feel free to add me as a friend, I gave up social media to focus on my goal, as I spent way to much time on the couch scrolling through stupid facebook, so this is my only form of motivation besides myself and my family...

Replies

• annie6774
    annie6774 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain....I cant seem to lose any weight. I try to stay under 1200 calories and work out at least 3 days a week and NOTHING.... I dont know what to do anymore. I get at least 6 hours of sleep a day too I cant do those "shakes" and I am a picky eater... s Im around your same weight and 5.1 - Im looking to at least be 150 (so if you get any insight help me - Im 45 myself and its getting harder and harder)
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I would think at 1200 calories, and working out, you would loss something... I don't do shakes either, I do not want to drink my meal.. lol have you tried cutting carbs back ?
  • annie6774
    annie6774 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im going to try that next. It just gets so frustrating
  • howan
    howan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat only I turn 50 in December, so I have less time to get in shape... But it's doable! I'm 5'4" and at 170 lbs - would like to get back to where I started at about 135, which is a healthy and maintainable weight for me. I have no size 0 aspirations :) Good luck! Btw, I have also recently left FB, which I found draining on a lot of levels.