Amazing Bread & only 3carbs for 1/4 Ioaf

itzcath
itzcath Posts: 94 Member
edited March 2019 in Social Groups
I have tried a whack of bread recipes and only 1 was ever worth repeating until today...

This bread is Seriously Amazing! It has jumped to the top of my list 🙂

I wanted wedges of bread so I dusted the loaf with coconut flour and cut a design in the crust.

Recipe here: https://sugarfreelondoner.com/low-carb-bread-chia-almond-bread/#wprm-recipe-container-11463n5285ysf4pxg.jpg

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    How did you arrive at that number? The recipe in the link shows 6.3 or 2.4 net for 1/12 (one twelfth) of the loaf. Or maybe my math is off so early in the AM.
  • julieb47
    julieb47 Posts: 20 Member
    If she’s doing it the British/ European way the carb total given is net, making it 6g one small slice!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    julieb47 wrote: »
    If she’s doing it the British/ European way the carb total given is net, making it 6g one small slice!

Oh my! And since the link is "sugar free Londoner" it may well be total is net making 6 grams per slice or 72 grams for that little 3.5x7 loaf pan. :# I will say though: it is a pretty loaf of bread and probably tasty too.
  • Tubbytucka
    Tubbytucka Posts: 83 Member
    I made this this evening - chopped up Chorizo instead of chia (because I like it) and used yoghurt instead of quark. It's pretty tasty, and I will try it again with quark. I'll have some with my omelette in the morning and then burn off any carbs cycling to work. Thanks for posting.
  • Tubbytucka
    Tubbytucka Posts: 83 Member
    Been frying a couple of slices of this in fat to have as toast with my omelette. Worth trying...