New to Keto - Fiber/ Protein/ Carbs / Fat

missvie
missvie Posts: 21 Member
Hello,

I am new to keto and would love some advice. My diary for today is open and I am trying to plan out my meals before eating them to ensure I am sticking to it and eating correctly/ enough.

However I am having an issue with eating any vegetables and staying below the 20 net carbs.
As well having issues with my protein being too high.

I would love to see some examples of others daily eats and how they are making the macros work, as well as some suggestions on my day today.

I am already eating much less veggies that I would normally, which seems counterintuitive to weight loss and getting healthy.

Thanks
Chelsea

Replies

• KristaMac88
    KristaMac88 Posts: 163 Member
    I find mfp hard to keep track of net carbs. I stopped logging here and started using Carb Manager. From the quick look i seen, Your day looked fine to me. Im not super strict keto though. Cauliflower, brocoli and green string beans are basically all i eat for vegetables with meals. or Cauliflower rice. I have the opposite problem as i can get carbs no problem but rarely hit my protein and fats lol I guess i do more "low carb" that keto now days.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Macros look great for keto. Feel free to look at my food log. The last few days had a fast and carb up so may want to jump back to February where I did strict keto. I'm fairly repetitive but do all kind of things with chicken and cauliflower.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    It doesn’t look like you even reach your protein goal very often. Why are you concerned about it being too high when you’re not even hitting it?
    Protein is nothing to fear. You really should be hitting that goal for sure. 100g is a good goal.