Dairy Free?

KristaMac88
KristaMac88 Posts: 163 Member
I hear alot of people say if your progress slows, to try cutting out dairy.. What exactly do you eat or use instead? I find coffee cream , butter and cheese is my life! :(

Replies

• KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    I have found that cheese impacted my loss, but I have not had the same problem with heavy whipping cream or butter. Where I would have put cheese on a burger I now smooth a tablespoon of guac.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    There is nothing inherent in cheese that will slow your weight loss. The only time it effects my weight is if I eat too much of it!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Cheese is pretty calorie dense, and easy to estimate inaccurately. A slice from one brand is not always the same, some are thicker/thinner and the nutrition info is an average. Ditto for shredded cheese in "cups". If you aren't going to weigh your food, then cheese is an easy one to eyeball or measure and underestimate. So, I would say it's an easy thing to overeat without realizing it. Plus, a lot of people have mild inflammation from dairy which causes water retention. So I would think if someone is seeing progress by cutting out dairy, either they are overestimating their dairy in their tracking, or they are losing water from not eating something their system finds inflammatory.

• KristaMac88
    KristaMac88 Posts: 163 Member
    Thats good to know! I tend to eat atleast one cheese string per day or add it into salads and stuff. I do try and weigh it, but i dont trust my scale aha i feel like it should be more ounces than what it is saying.