Has anyone tried the Quest brand???

Options
manda1587
manda1587 Posts: 10 Member
I just stumbled upon Quest Pasta, I know they had protein bars but I did not know that they were low carb. Also the pasta they have has like 3 carbs per serving. I was just wondering if anyone has tried the pasta, bars or both and what you think about them? Oh and where do they sell it??

Thanks!!

Replies

• Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure their pasta is just shirataki noodles. I buy the Miracle Noodles brand locally or online. They are fairly tasteless but can be a good sub for noodles in some recipes.

I have tried several flavors of their bars as well. I don't eat them too often as I look at total carbs not just net carbs and they are very high in fiber. Most of the flavors taste best when microwaved for about 10 seconds. I tried the chocolate chip cookie dough recently and I really liked it.
  • manda1587
    manda1587 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I normally look at total carbs as well, that's why I was wondering about the bars too. I'm wonder what the difference is, why to some people look at net carbs?
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Net carbs are the carbs leftover after fiber and sugar alcohol are subtracted. Fiber has no impact on your blood sugar. I like Quest bars- the cookie dough is my favorite. They're a good option for either a quick snack or if you have a sweet tooth because they're mostly natural, low glycemc and don't have malitol. The bars are at GNC but I personally order directly from their site because its way cheaper.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I normally look at total carbs as well, that's why I was wondering about the bars too. I'm wonder what the difference is, why to some people look at net carbs?

It depends which plan (if any) you are on. Many plans subtract fiber and some or all sugar alcohols to get net carbs, as those plans in general want to make sure you are eating plenty of vegetables. However, other plans, like Dr. Bernstein or NK (nutritional ketosis) are more concerned about total carbs. I believe Dr. Bernstein says eating a lot of fiber can cause distension in your digestive tract which can cause an insulin release, which you want to avoid. I am doing NK so while I don't avoid fiber I don't go out of my way to eat tons of it. I try to get 20-40 g total carbs a day, and don't worry too much about net carbs. It works itself out.