Tracking the subtle changes past the initial phase.

KetoZandra
KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
edited March 2019 in Social Groups
Hi All,

As I and many of you have got past the initial phase of LC or keto and have moved into the "way of life" phase where things slow down and seeing changes isn't so obvious. I made a list so that I can track subtle changes in the months to come to keep me motivated and encouraged.

Do you have a checklist?
Does anyone have an addition to my list?

Measurements
Weight
Bmi
Sleep quality
Clothing
General energy
Medical symptoms
Mood
Range of motion
Strength or stamina

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited March 2019
    Photos. I take a photo in the same place, same position and as much the same clothes as possible.
    I’m careful to take from the same angle and distance also so that I can really see the subtle changes.
    This photo is super old news to most people that have been around here for a while, but I never get tired of sharing it :lol:

zj4h908fv6gw.jpeg

Wow! I really need to take a new one huh?!?
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    Thank you, it's obvious now you mention it I didn't think of it. That's why I posted, to get ideas and help others.

Your pictures are wonderful but yes I agree it's time for a 2019 picture to add to those above.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    My big thing was also seeing bones poking out that I’d never seen before! Rib bones for sure, but especially being able to see them in the back too! That’s something I’d never considered, but has been great motivation!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    The health changes are what keep me the most motivated . I am one who is very well suited to this diet. I feel noticeably better eating this way, and I pay for dietary deviations. ;)

I also do mirror checks and bone checks. It's nice to have those rolls smoothed out.

I tend to get rid of clothes 2 sizes up too. I'll give myself a few "bloated or accidentally gained 10 lbs" clothes but that's it. I try to make it hard on myself if I regain because I'm cheap and quite dislike shopping for clothes ;)
  • Lenpayasa
    Lenpayasa Posts: 69 Member
    Photos. I take a photo in the same place, same position and as much the same clothes as possible.
    I’m careful to take from the same angle and distance also so that I can really see the subtle changes.
    This photo is super old news to most people that have been around here for a while, but I never get tired of sharing it :lol:

zj4h908fv6gw.jpeg

Wow! I really need to take a new one huh?!?

I love how you get thinner but gain weight in the last few photos. It is proof that the scale is just a number.