Need suggestions for snacks.

Options
Dandylines
Dandylines Posts: 18 Member
I rejoined the group only a few weeks ago and have lost 5 lbs. However I find that sometimes I get hungry at night when I would sometimes eat bad snacks and/or toast or other bread. The snacks are gone but I am hungry. What are some good alternatives. I tried peanut butter but it seems to affect my stomach and I am bored with apples.

Replies

• senor_jeff
    senor_jeff Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just started on high fat Greek yoghurt?
  • senor_jeff
    senor_jeff Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh, that’s a no flavour yoghurt too
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Are you ok with a handful of other lower carb nuts like fresh walnuts, macadamias, pecans? Not cheap, I know, but very delicious. Sometimes I like a bit of Greek yogurt mixed with spices as a dip for cuke or zucchini slices (chips) Celery sticks work well with that too, there's a lot of space in the little trough to fill with dip. Fresh berries can be good if you want something fruity and sweet.
  • KenHawrys
    KenHawrys Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cheese whisps are a go to snack for me. Our local Costco carries the Parmesan ones, but you can order cheddar etc. online. https://www.whisps.com/
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Dandylines wrote: »
    I rejoined the group only a few weeks ago and have lost 5 lbs. However I find that sometimes I get hungry at night when I would sometimes eat bad snacks and/or toast or other bread. The snacks are gone but I am hungry. What are some good alternatives. I tried peanut butter but it seems to affect my stomach and I am bored with apples.

Trying eating dinner that much later. I've had intermittent issues of needing more calories and the dreaded later evening boredom hunger. Pushing dinner to 20:00-21:00 really seems to help. Snacking always leads me to trouble. If I need a meal, I need a meal.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories overall?

ETA a snack suggestion. I've seen "rollups" come up frequently in snack threads. A little piece of cheese or dill pickle or sliced olives rolled up in a piece of luncheon meat.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Are you “hungry” or is it “habit”? If it’s true hunger I don’t think you’re eating enough fat with your meals, or eating enough food at all.

In the the beginning the habit of snacking, and the carb withdrawals can make you think you’re hungry. This is when you’re supposed to really not be watching calories that much and just eat all of the LCHF foods to break the habit cycle.

Many people use fat bombs during this time and then, once the habit is broken, and you realize that you aren’t hungry anymore (an amazing feeling btw!) you won’t need them and the daily calorie count comes down naturally.

I used a lot of cheese (cream cheese mixed with shredded cheese and bits of ham or pepperoni..) for my fat bombs back when I began. I always preferred savory type snacks, instead of sweet. So I made my own, using those ingredients, with different types of shredded cheeses. I’d divide it up into small ramekins and eat one when I thought I needed a snack.