Hello Everyone

Options
Stephany11202019
Stephany11202019 Posts: 20 Member
edited March 2019 in Social Groups
Hi there. My name is Tiffany. I just want to start out with a little bit of my background. So, I’m going to be 24 this year and I’ve always, always, always been skinny. Even at the very beginning when I was born. Me n my twin were preemies. Also, along with that I was born with a connective tissue disorder called Marfan Syndrome. It's a heart condition. It's hereditary. My father had it, and my father's father had it (my grandpa), and I think my dad's mom had it also (But I'm not sure. I wish I asked him for information sake and curiosity). So as you can tell. …. with my using the past tense a lot all of them have passed away. My grandpa first. I've never met him. He passed away before I was ever thought of. Before I was even born. My grandmother passed away last year. And last but not least my dad passed away January 28th, 2019.

Okay. So where was I taking this? Oh yeah! That's right! So the reasons that I have a hard time gaining weight are either I have a fast metabolism or because of my heart condition or because of both. But definitely because of my heart condition. Growing up with this condition I've done a lot of web surfing on the issue. Especially relating to "why am I so skinny". And at some point growing up I thought to search Marfan Syndrome and can't gain weight. Sure enough it was all there. It says online that people with this condition often have a hard time gaining weight. If your skeptical of this feel free to look it up, but I assure you it's true. Even with the help of this website I could end up staying this skinny the rest of my life. But that's not my aim right now. Originally I would think growing up "I will probably gain weight when I get older and my metabolism slows down. But I'm 24 now and still nothing. Up until recently I didn't really care that I was this skinny. I mean it does make you feel assured that your never going to have any issues being overweight. And I didn't really mind that I was on the lower side of the spectrum. And I say this loosely because growing up I've always had a wonder and a misunderstanding of my body. I never understood why I could see my bones and as a kid I can remember not liking it. As I got older I got used to the way my body was structured and thought that it was always going to be that way. The answer to that question is yet to be discovered. And though I did get used to and was planning on just eating how I usually do (No restrictions. Anything goes. If I wanted 3 different snacks after school that what I would have. And I emphasis no restrictions means just that. I have never limited my calories, starved myself, over exercised to loose weight. I am naturally skinny. Always have been). But there are things that have directed me to desiring to try and gain weight and get up to my normal weight target range. One of which is lately I've been wondering if me being underweight was affecting my immune system because I've always gotten colds. N especially this past month I had a cold for about a week or two and got better just to get an even worse cold a week or two after getting better. The second time around it was the productive cough kind of cold. And that's lasted like two weeks. I'm looking into the correlation because I have a daughter I see every week but with those two colds I haven't been able to see her regularly lately because where the visits take place they don't like people coming sick. So that is one reason why I am trying to gain weight. And the other reason is because one night I couldn't stop thinking about trying to gain weight. And also about how much more food my boyfriend can eat than me.It got to really bothering me so that's when I sought out to find a website or app that would help me gain weight. And here I am.